2017 wedding in France help please

Go to Weddings Abroad

New Bride Bec
New Wolly

2017 wedding in France help please

Postby New Bride Bec » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi girls I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any advice towards me having my wedding in France. I've roughly 50 guests and preferably want to hire a chateau.. I'm particularly interested in chateau lagorce, has anyone any info on here? It's look amazing and everything we want just worried about the cost really! Any other similar chateaus or has anyone had their wedding in lagorce that could give me some advice please and thank you

Neil Harrington Photography
WOL Network

Re: 2017 wedding in France help please

Postby Neil Harrington Photography » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi, Ive just seen your post, as someone who lived in France for a good few years, you certainly have chosen one of the most beautiful regions of the country, and you can easily fly into either Bordeaux or Toulouse, or even Carcassonne, all connected by the Autoroute.
Depending on the time of year I would think it would be quite reasonably priced, but perhaps you should avoid the months of July and August, when all the Paris based French go on holidays and head south! (and west) September is a great month to go to France for several reasons, the big summer holiday rush is over, and the roads are quieter. Ferry crossings are about a third of the high season price, and the weather in the south is still very good. You could travel Cork to Roscoff on Brittany Ferries, and Bordeaux is about a four and a half hour drive, mostly motorway, and anyway good roads everywhere. The new Pont Aven ferry is like a cruise! leave Cork at about 5.30pm and your'e in France next morning at about 7.00am.
Adding to that, it is the wine harvest season, so you can get great deals on wine! (all year round as well!) If you would like me to be your photographer, just ask! Good luck with your wedding planning. I hope this is of some help.

paulandnicky
New Wolly

Postby paulandnicky » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi, we visited La Gorce when we were looking at venues, it was lovely but out of our price range. We booked le petit moulin in Annepont which for us was perfect as our guests flew into La Rochelle which is close to them. 2017 seems ages away but it isnt hehe xxxx

suzannejune
New Wolly

Postby suzannejune » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi I am also trying to organise a wedding in France but in 2016. There are so many nice venues, I'm finding it hard to choose! I like the idea of booking package style wedding like what Chateau Rigaud and Soulac offer so everything is taken care of to minimise stress. I also like the look of Chateau la Durantie. My list so far consists of the below - trying to narrow it down and view a few places in April!! Chateau Lagorce looks beautiful xxx

Chateau Rigaud
Chateau de la Ligne
Chateau des Merles
Chateau Cazenac
Chateau de la Bourlie
Chateau Soulac
Logis de Puygaty
Chateau de Fayolle
Chateau d'Esclimont
Chateau de Lacoste
Chateau de Rhodes
Chateau de la Barben
Chateau la Durantie

New Bride Bec
New Wolly

Postby New Bride Bec » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks ladies.. We had nearly settled on chateau de detilly in Loire valley but I'm not too impressed with their wedding planner. I'm finding flights & ferries out of Ireland not great and lagorce hasn't our dates left! A lot of planning girls let me know how you get on and I'll let you know what else I find

Soshoeme
New Wolly

Postby Soshoeme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi, I have booked my wedding in Le Petit Moulin also but it's much sooner - this summer 2015!

Munster DJ Hire
MR&MR
New Wolly

Postby MR&MR » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Me and my partner are having our wedding at Chateau Lagorce in August 2016. I had done a serious amount of research on venues in this area and there are some gorgeous places but I kept finding things I didn't like. For example, one venue insisted on the party ending at 1am, which would not suit us. Other places had expensive corkage or the amount of extras were crazy. When I came across Chateau Lagorce online I read the review and sent them an email - quick response and a flood of all the info I wanted. They offer an amazing package, there are no corkage fees you have all the control of your budget and you can go as big or small as you like. After all the research I knew it was what I wanted so we flew over to have a tour with the idea of booking if all went to plan. I had seen pictures etc so I knew what I was looking for, however, my parter, Mike, hadn't really seen it (very laid back person!) so I was hoping he would like it. We rounded a corner and upon seeing the castle it had the WOW factor and more. Mike was in awe! We met with Anna, the wedding planner who runs the chateau (wedding planner comes in the package) and we hit it off with her straight away. But not to get too carried away we got down to specifics and money and everything was very controllable by us, the chateau is ours for the 3 days and we can have exactly what we liked. In the package you get a photographer, florist, x 30 adults staying in the castle with meal and wine all the table ware etc (you can have the chateau wine or get your own, no corkage!) You then build on that package if you wish (we are) and nothing seems too much trouble for Anna.

I obviously have not had the wedding yet but thus far it has been a dream and I chat to Anna regularly and run things by her and she is amazing.

For anyone looking at Chateau Largorce it is fabulous and affordable - so far so good!

paulandnicky
New Wolly

Postby paulandnicky » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:10 pm

I dont get how any venue can finish the party at 1am thats madness. Also why do they need to charge corkage, France is notorious for cheap booze so those venues that charge for corkage or take profits from a bar must surely be ripping you off!!!

MR&MR
New Wolly

Postby MR&MR » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Yes, I agree - I simply could not have festivities end at 1am. I know in America they can be all done and dusted by midnight but it simply wouldn't be an irish wedding if that was the case. Another place we looked at charged extra for taking photographs on the venue grounds! I think its a case of getting a long list of venues and whittling down and hopefully you come across the place that fits the bill. Also, I realised early on that I can't have it all ... compromise is so important otherwise I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

hibernocow
New Wolly

Postby hibernocow » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi ladies! It's actually really unusual a venue would want to end things so early, the French traditionally stay up really late because dinner goes on for so long - they would be nearly as bad as the Irish so defo wouldn't be the norm - I would push back on!

We're getting married in Chateau de Puyrigaud between Bordeaux and Angloueme in the South West of France this July and the Chateau is amazing amazing value! We have had to source our own English speaking wedding planner and liaise directly with the caterer, which has been tricky enough. They're new enough to weddings but I would say after this summer their prices will be way up at the other chateaux mentioned.

Chateau de Crazanne is also super pretty - it's actually the castle where the real 'Puss in Boots' character lived.

Chateau de la Roche Courbon is mahoosive and has all of that wow factor. As long as you don't mind finding a planner and liaising the caterer you're in business and really is much better value than the venues that have a planner in situ. Good luck!

Next

Go to Weddings Abroad

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T