22 week scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jen2 Posts: 3106
Hi girls. Just a quick question. I asked this a few days ago, but dont know if anyone saw the post. At 22 week scan, the radiographer said the baby had a small hole between the top two chambers of its heart. She said it should close over tthen the baby starts breathing. Just wondering if this happended to any of you, or anyone you know. Has been on my mind alot, esp since Im on alot of meds. Thanks Jen2
NotHere Posts: 10273
Hi Jen, sorry don't know anything about this. But I'm sure if the doc says it'll be fine then it will be :xxx Try not to worry
Thanks for the reply Flutter. It was not the doc, who said it should be ok. Doc is away at the moment. Anyway they are being very careful about what they say to me these days. They have told me they are sure the baby will be ok, but cant promise anything. Think I am just panicing. I worry so much about this poor little mite. I wonder how can it be ok, after the operations and meds Im on. But every now and then I light a candle and say a prayer. I hope the big man is listening. Jen2
Isis Posts: 484
---
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Can't offer any advice either, but can offer a prayer. Really hope all will be ok.
mammybean Posts: 10364
Also i do not know the answer to your question. could you ring your GP and make an appointment and run it past him?
jenny.s Posts: 25
I work with a girl who was told her baby (while in the womb) had a hole in her heart and a heart murmur. Beautiful baby girl was born last year absolutley perfect - healed itself as far as i know. i also have a friend whos son was found to have a hole in his heart when he was a few months old. He had surgery on it and is now - at around 4 years perfect and will live a normal life - play sport and every thing. Its not as big a deal now adays as it used to be honestly. Best of luck with it
Thanks for the replies girls. Had a chat with myself this weekend. Decided that I have to stopping worrying. There is othing I can do. The hole in the babys heart should not be a big issue. I cant stop taking the medicine Im on at the moment, and they will wean we off before I have the baby. I will just have to wait and see. Stressing wont help either of us. Jen2
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hey Jen - just wanted to say I'm thinking of you pet. You are having a rough enough time of it without worrying about this too. Please god it will all have sorted itself out before your baby is born. Mind yourself :xxx