22 weeks pregnant, no movement

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mommytobe Posts: 13
Hi Guys I used to be a Bride to be on here, years ago, but had to reregister to log in here. I'm 40 years old, pregnant with my first baby and I'm 22 weeks, due 16th September. I cannot feel any movements and at my 18 week scan, I was told I had an anterior placenta. Anyone else have this, should I be worried that I'm not feeling anything? Mommytobe
theoracle Posts: 7664
Hi there. I am 37 and also have an anterior placenta, and it does make a huge difference in terms of feeling movement. It is normally around 23-24 weeks for first time pregnancies at best of times, so try not to make yourself sick with worry. At my 18 week check they even could not get a heartbeat with a doppler due to this, and at my last check only after trying for a long time (took him over 5 minutes).
Oh thank you hun, that puts my mind at ease. My GP couldnt' pick up heartbeat for ages too but i had to go to see him two weeks ago because I also have SPD and he picked up the heartbeat straight away. Just being a worry wart, I guess.
Salander Posts: 1639
Hi Mommytobe I don't have it but I do know it can affect feeling movement (as can being overweight -which i am) - it basically means the placenta is lying between babs and your tummy cushioning any movements making it harder to feel. it shouldn't affect baby at all and it usually moves out of the way on its own. hope it moves for you soon! Nyota
Nyota thanks, i'm overweight too so I guess that doesn't help either.
babybuttons Posts: 886
Mommytobe, im the same as you anterior placenta and still not really feeling too much at 24 weeks. Some days (only in last week) i can feel something but have only once felt movement on the outside only the other day. i am not overweight and the hospital said that its my placenta acting as a cushion for baby to kick instead of me.
Hi Hopeforbaby have they told you that its normal and nothing to worry about?
Salander Posts: 1639
well none of us are perfect! the main thing is babs is ok in there and whenever i bang my bump off anything I think to myself at least the bit of extra fat is cushioning! hang in there it will happen for you! :thnk
Ha ha i often think the same, babs is well cushioned in there, can come to no hard :lvs When are you due Nyota?
babybuttons Posts: 886
well i am not worrying about it and they arent either. it seems fairly normal from the way they were talking about it. they said at least i will get a few more weeks of solid sleep before the life is kicked out of me. i am heading to doc next week as she wants to monitor my progress with kicks (she has no kids so she is being a little over cautious) but as long as i can hear heartbeat each time im not worried. everyone is different and you cant really compare movements with other mammies to be cos we are all different and all our babies are different.