23 weeks, baby v quiet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi, I'm 23 weeks and past few days, not noiced as many kicks, baby sems quite quiet, doc checked heart on Wed morn and fine just a little anxious...anyway i can gwt babs to wake up/let me know ok?
Spoilt Princess Posts: 141
Hi snuggler, Try drinking a class of orange juice and lie down for 15 minutes - if you can't feel any kicks, give the hospital a ring. Baba can go quiet at times, so don't stress. Try the orange juice and if that doesn't work, ring the hospital - they'll probably ask you if you've felt ten kicks today and they may ring you in and do a quick scan to put your mind at ease. I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry hon :action31
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Try a glass of ice cold drink or some icecream, if no joy deffo give hospital a buzz, they'll probably ask you to come in just to check all ok, they actually prefer you to go in than worry at home so dont stress about bothering them, i was in several times for same thing.
lying down now, had some water..got a fw kicks only when lie down though..tks for hlp
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Sounds good hun, but if your still concerned give them a bell :xox :xox :xox
Spoilt Princess Posts: 141
That's super news - everhopeful is dead right though - if you're worried at all or even just for some piece of mind, ring the hospital and they'll probably scan you. :xox
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I had the same concerns last week (I was 24 weeks), alot more movement this week, which i am so happy about. I didn't contact hospital when I was concerned but spoke to midwife afterwards and she said if I ever concerned about movement I should feel free to contact them. But she also said that you'll have quiet periods, particularly if you are doing alot of stuff during the day as baby may be moving with your movements and you may not even notice the movements. Adn then it will be resting when you are resting. Also ring hospital if you are seriously concerned about things.
Tks girls, I have got lots of kicks after worrying, got so upset..shouldn't have asked i dont think cause i only really get kicks(that i notice hard) in evening when relaxing so i think i just got myself paranoid about it and then when heard to call hosp, just got all upset!anyway, i drank water and lay flat and babs kicked an awful lot since, just not thinking about it now, think if focus too much will get worked up and get paranoid! thank you for replies.. baby active now so feel more relaxed tks again
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="snuggler":1h3755sp]Tks girls, I have got lots of kicks after worrying, got so upset..shouldn't have asked i dont think cause i only really get kicks(that i notice hard) in evening when relaxing so i think i just got myself paranoid about it and then when heard to call hosp, just got all upset!anyway, i drank water and lay flat and babs kicked an awful lot since, just not thinking about it now, think if focus too much will get worked up and get paranoid! thank you for replies.. baby active now so feel more relaxed tks again[/quote:1h3755sp] I'm so happpy for you that baby is active again for you. I also get myself worked up and paranoid if I don't get consantly get kicks. I think it's so easy to convince ourselves that something is wrong.
im waiting Posts: 2727
glad to hear the liitle one Is back to it's acive self, I just wanted to say that our little ones do through quiet times as they are growing through growth spurts so please expect it a few times in the next few months but always do as the girls say, a nice cold drink and a lie down for a while and the little one will kick away, even to go for a long walk and you'll notice the movements afterwards when all has quietened down. That worrying never goes away. Yesterday morning I was convinced I was going to have to make a trip to the hospital as the baby hasn't been a whole lot active over the past week and I was getting quite scared, I decided to give it a few hours, I did get the odd tiny nudge but still I was worried, come last night the baby was going crazy and today I'm killed with pelvic pains so it was probably storing all it's energy to make it's way into the pelvis, so yes all this worrying is totally normal and expected, so any time you have any concerns do check with hospital but we're always here to give bit if reassurance :lvs