23 weeks - so out of breath and sluggish!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

married wolly Posts: 120
I feel so heavy and sluggish - bump is really big now and i think i may have put on a bit too much weight - 2 stone! I just feel like a big whale and cant catch a breath - anyone else?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I was the same. Think I had a massive growth spurt around 22/23 weeks. Weeks 23 and 24 were pretty bad - felt sooooooo big and heavy and would get out of breath waddling down the road and have to stop for a rest every 5 mins! :eek Week 24 was the week the doc told me I was measuring nearly a month ahead! So it wasn't all in my head. Weird thing is that I feel much better for the last week. Do you know I think the weather really doesn't help - it's so heavy and energy-sapping at the moment. I also put my big size down to having lots of fluid and possibly water retention is also due to the weather? I honestly feel lighter now than I did two weeks ago! Or maybe I've just gotten used to the extra weight....you were brave to weigh yourself - we don't have a scales in the house and it's just as well. I would estimate about 2 stone also. :-8 :-8 :-8 Hope like me you'll feel better soon. If you are breathless all the time though check with you doctor - someone the other day told me it could be due to a lack of iron.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1nt31914]I'm just exhauted and want to sleep 24/7!!! You can get short of breath because the lil one begins to push your diaphram upwards (to make more room for their ickle home inside) so this will result in you feeling breathless!!! I don't know what the norm weight increase is during pregnancy but if your doctor isn't worrying then neither would I!! Ask him next time you visit him if you're worried!![/color:1nt31914]
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Yep same here expect not this week for some reason,I do get out of breath even talking too but its not always weight gain thats the cause misses...remember baby is taking oxgyen from you so you will feel breathless at times,with me I get stitches and have to talk deep breaths when talking sometimes :-8 Ive put on alot of weight but ive no idea how much,I do get upset when people pass senseless comments and take them to heart but once my baby is healthy and im doing my part on a daily basis with eating the right things weight is the least of my worries. Of course im bold at the same time but im enjoy food so much it makes me happy...Happy Mammy = Happy Baby :o0 Feck it girl we can work our butts off when baby arrives! :wv
Mrs March Posts: 175
It's reassuring to see I'm not the only one!!! I have been feeling GRRRRRRRREAT for the last 4 weeks, but this week, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I took yesterday off to sleep but it didn't really refresh me. I am quite neat so far but had a massive growth spurt in the last 2 weeks - everyone is commenting on it as I wasn't really showing until then. It must be this that's making me so wrecked. I am trying not to let it get to me. I've dragged myself into work but my concentration is terrible. Hope everyone feels better soon!
iseult Posts: 82
I find the breathlessness worse after eating.... like there's no room for a baby, a full stomach and lungs inside me all at the same time!! I have two stone on as well (26 weeks) and was feeling awfully guilty, now at least I know its not unusual.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I definately suffer from this and have from an early stage. Like walking up the stairs and I'm knackered! I had put it down to just being totally unfit as I'm not aloud to wag but then there are loads of other reasons as previous posters have listed. I don't know how much weight I've put on as I don't weigh myself, but overall on the rest of my body I thought for a while I had actually lost weight!! I have a big bump though so I'm don't know how much that would add on the scales. I heard that 3 - 5 stone can be normal to put on!! :eek :eek :eek
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
I'm the very same girls...at the moment every day is such a struggle...
married wolly Posts: 120
praise the lord - thought i was alone - also was blaming it on being unfit since pregnancy - but will blame baba now - haha xx
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I get out of breath every time I move! :o0 You're in good company! I'm 27 weeks, and up 2.5 stone, mainly fluid. Feck it there's nothing you can do! Peoples comments on my size bug me though! >:o( I just keep thinking, that once baby is born, I will feel better - I know then I'll have a whole set of other things to bother me physically, but it will all pass! I'm just thanking God for the relief from the drop in temperatures - to the disgust of everyone else I know! :o0