24 weeks - sharp AF type pains

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Sorry girls, I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just don't have the time (or the energy) to do a search. I'm getting really strong lower abdominal pain today, sometimes they're very sharp. I know its fairly normal early on with all the stretching, etc, but is it normal at this stage? I'm 24 weeks tomorrow. I haven't had that type of pain in a good while, and its so like AF pain its kind of freaking me out. Plus I had some discharge (sorry tmi) this morning that was darker than usual...not brown, but just a very dull yellow. I think I'm just looking for some reassurance that this is fairly normal! THanks girls. :thnk
I've been getting movement at my desk this morning, so I suppose I shouldn't be worrying really.
fantac Posts: 4109
hiya - cant believe you are 24 weeks already - mad! i had a lot of cramping pains, but all is ok TG, think it is just eth stretching etc, as longa s there's movement you should be a-ok. O:o)
Dreamster Posts: 6620
Sorry love - can't halp ya but hope you are ok. I'm sure it is normal - perhaps more stretching as you say. Thanks for the pm last week - I never replied :-8 How are you otherwise?
[quote="Dreamster":5dvb7thl]Sorry love - can't halp ya but hope you are ok. I'm sure it is normal - perhaps more stretching as you say. Thanks for the pm last week - [b:5dvb7thl]I never replied [/b:5dvb7thl]:-8 How are you otherwise?[/quote:5dvb7thl] Bold girl :ooh I'm doing well....just trying not to be such a worry wart :-8
Delish Posts: 4176
I've had some sharp shooting pains as well, got one while iwas jogging up the stairs last Friday, I had literally just been to the doc where she told me everything was fine, so was not too worried. I felt the odd pain over the last few days and I noticed my first stretch marks ( silver), so I'm putting it down to stretching. I think my skin around the bump especially to the sides is sort of warm as well and I'm putting that down to the stretching too.
[quote="Delish":20aa9kxa]I've had some sharp shooting pains as well, got one while iwas jogging up the stairs last Friday, I had literally just been to the doc where she told me everything was fine, so was not too worried. I felt the odd pain over the last few days and I noticed my first stretch marks ( silver), so I'm putting it down to stretching. I think my skin around the bump especially to the sides is sort of warm as well and I'm putting that down to the stretching too.[/quote:20aa9kxa] I can't walk longer than 5 minutes without getting a stich in my side, and doc said that's coz there's so much pressure on my ligaments. There must be loads going on in there! Is your belly tearing itchy from all the stretching of the skin? My nails are growing at a phenomenal rate and I reckon its natures way of helping you give your belly a good scratch!! :o0
Delish Posts: 4176
No I don't find my skin itchy , but it's hot, weird to have one part of your body hotter than the rest of you. There was one or two nights where I thought there might be an infection somewhere near the bump as my skin just felt hot, but everything seems fine. I don't know if stretch mark creams actually work. I must start drinking more water, I'ld say that would do more good than the creams. My nails and hair are growing like mad. I think I'm getting laguno too :o0 :o0