25 weeks and breasts leaking? Advice?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Waiting24 Posts: 355
Hey I know this is normal but I don't know what to do with it??!! Are there a specific type of breast pads that I should be using? I'm only leaking a small drop but the sheets are stained in the bed. I think I need to be wearing a night bra too? I didn't think this would happen for a LONG time yet. I'm so paranoid about leaking out through my clothes!
tribesdoll Posts: 295
It's a great sign if you are planning on BF, looks like you'll have loads of milk! I wear a bra at night every night whilst pregnant as I feel I need the support, even in bed. Any of breast pads are good, although if you're only leaking a small amount then maybe the slim ones would be advisable, I think both tesco and mothercare do a slim version.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
perfectly normal for this time of your PG.on my dd the 1st time it happened, i was in the pub drinking a crabberry juice and my niece told me that the end of my glass had leaked onto my top(you know the way the drips are on the end of the glass!!) :-8 i used to avent breatpads and found them great! :wv
Waiting24 Posts: 355
Thanks Mammymcphee! I'll check out boots tomorrow!
Chubbums Posts: 699
[quote="tribesdoll":1cx0sied]It's a great sign if you are planning on BF, looks like you'll have loads of milk![/quote:1cx0sied] [quote="mammymcphee":1cx0sied]perfectly normal for this time of your PG.[/quote:1cx0sied] Sorry for jumping on your thread Waiting24 but just wondering ladies....if it hasn't happened yet...is it a bad sign if planning to bf? :-8
strangeangel Posts: 1269
[quote="Chubbums":38d7nasj]Sorry for jumping on your thread Waiting24 but just wondering ladies....if it hasn't happened yet...is it a bad sign if planning to bf? :-8[/quote:38d7nasj] Not at all - it happens for some people and not for others, but doesn't really have any bearing on milk production after delivery. I had it a bit from the mid 20 week mark first time, though it tended to only happen at night and never huge amounts. In fact only from one side. This time around have only had the very tiniest amounts that I'd only notice on my bra.
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
chubbums - i never leaked before i had DS and i had LOADS of milk, don't worry. OP you can get really comfy sleep nursing bras in mothercare that are like a string vest. don't get mothercare breast pads, they're rubbish. lansinoh, johnson & johnson and tommee tippee are all good.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Stragneangel, it doesnt affect you being able to breastfeed if you havnt had any leakage yet :wv
Chubbums Posts: 699
Thanks girls, you have all put my mind at rest :thnk :thnk