2nd time mums who are teachers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess09 Posts: 821
I'm 25 wks with a 16 mth old, so naturally feeling it this time round, only started really feeling tired when pregnant with ds around 36 or 37 wks, now I had mainly sitting down In front if PC role. I'm not one to play sickness card or even help me I'm pregnant, cos I felt I didn't need to but found myself struggling today. New role not teacher role exactly but means I'm I'm front of a group talking for 6 days at a time, with weekends In between, at least twice per month, I know from doing when not pregnant this is v tiring But got me thinking as similar to teachers, do you have back up if sick from pregnancy? I know my maternity leave cover has been requested but I know won't be in place for at least another 6 wks. I know going at rate I feel now, I'm not going to last till 38 wks, id kill for a rest already! I just got thinking are any teachers out there on second pregnancy doing anything differently this time round? Or is it a case if just being expected to get on with the job as normal regardless?
wowza Posts: 556
What do you mean by back up - like if we are sick enough to take a day off we'd get a sub (for now at least....) In school I found I had a lot of support. Would I be right in guessing that you are the only one in your role at work? At least in school other people know how tiring the day is. I wasn't too tired or sick in school fortunately but I found that I did have help with putting up posters and stuff. And my staff were really flexible with letting me swap yard duty.
Princess09 Posts: 821
[quote="wowza":3nhh94r5]What do you mean by back up - like if we are sick enough to take a day off we'd get a sub (for now at least....) In school I found I had a lot of support. Would I be right in guessing that you are the only one in your role at work? [/quote:3nhh94r5] Yeah only one apart from my manager, who splits his time between managing me and another totally different thing, he wouldn't get involved in presenting. I'mjust being typically conscientious re letting work down, don't know why, as with last two Weeks of first pregnancy, I had high blood pressure due to work pressure and stress, I only took 4 days then. Plus feeling overtired and a little overwhelmed today, with it all, a badly teething 16 mth old with 5 nights a week late shift hubby doesn't help! Plus hard when I'm just feeling exhausted not technically sick, I suppose when is point for me to say enough is enough, me time, time to look after myself and.relax, hard when 2 days remaining of standing in front of group where I have to be on top of my game, full of energy and positive, that stops till next Tues then.madness starts again!!
wowza Posts: 556
What's the plan for when you go on Mat Leave?