Menu

3 week old baby bowel movements (sorry TMI)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissusW Posts: 330
Sorry this is a bit TMI. Ive a 3 and a half week old baby and shes very content but today she isnt taking as much milk and Ive just changed a nappy that was a bit mucusy? almost like raw egg white consistency mixed in with her poo..... should I be worried? maybe just keep an eye on it? any advice appreciated thanks
Gnomie Posts: 676
Couldnt read and not reply. I'm sure you must be worried. I cant help really but maybe if you ring your hosp (maternity, they look after the baby til its 6 weeks old dont they?). I'm sure they will take the call. I know they dont like giving advice over the phone but they may tell you that its normal or come in... Sorry I cant be of more help!
the fortress Posts: 341
I second that - call the hospital as she's still under their care and they will hopefully call you in for a look as she's still so young. No point in sitting at home worrying! She might have a bit of an infection/tummy bug or something so maybe save the nappy and bring it with you so they can test it.
MeSB Posts: 3785
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
my dd had these types of nappies in the first few weeks, its just all the "stuff" from the uterus (for want of a better word!) leaving their system. but as the girls said for ease of mind get her checked out.