30 weeks and no Braxton Hicks (I think!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babs76 Posts: 1000
I still dont think i have had these? Does anyone know if this is common / un-common? Is is possible not to get them at all or perhaps only get them in very late pregnancy - i looked up EUMom there and for week 30 they say that people should have experienced them at this stage?? At least I dont think i have had them anyway - I'm sure i would have know - would I? :-8
swissgirl Posts: 2301
They certainly arent mandatory. You could go 40 weeks without them. Also its very feasible to be unaware of them. I was, the can be very light vibrations that you wouldnt be concious of. Sometimes they are only apparent by the bump appearing to tighten or become harder and hten relaxing. Either way, its not a milestone you have to pass!
cheerio Posts: 275
I went 14 days overdue and had to be induced and didn't have a twinge! Everyone's different.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
I never had braxton hicks either. don't worry!
Terrier Posts: 283
Im 38 weeks and never felt them. Was on trace monitor in hospital during the week and the midwife said oh your having BH I didn't even realise..
babs76 Posts: 1000
thanks - i was beginning to think that i was the odd one out :-8
silíní Posts: 4219
I never had them! I was hospitalised at 36 wks last time with pre eclampsia and every time the put me on the trace i was having 'strong' ones but i couldnt feel a thing!!!!!!!!!!!! So some people just dont feel them i think.
bubblybaby Posts: 98
I never had them yet either! I'm sure its fine :D
Gingham Posts: 3014
I never felt any braxton hicks
kala Posts: 1937
i never felt them on ds but in this pregnancy they definitely stop me in my tracks