30 + weeks bottom of back killing me

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mama sugar Posts: 1387
hey ladies, Just wondering I am getting this terrible pain in the very bottom of my back like the coxis( sp?) tail bone it was so sore yesterday still there a bit today but I put one of those heated lavander pillow things on it yesterday so maybe that helped...sometimes it is that bad feel like I have broken the bone!!! probably just all part of it...but I sit at a desk all day from 9 - 5 can't leave only for lunch so wondering could this be causing the pain?? any solutions or did you find anything to help ease the pain? thanks ladies apart frrom that feeling great but yesterday was bad could hardly move!!! :o0
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Sorry missus have no solution for you my sil is due her baby next week and has the same problem she reckons its just the way the baby is lying, she is just using the heated pillow and gets some relief from that and she finds a hot bath helps as well. I am suffering at the mo with the exact same thing I get it every month with my period so I feel your pain :o0 :o0 hth
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I'm getting the exact same thing Mama and I'm only 11 wks!! :eek I think in your case its probably the way the baby is lying?? Maybe you should go and see a chiropadist? (sp?) Obviously thats not the reason for me but I get it from sitting at my desk all day, or sitting somewhere for long periods of time where I'm not comfortable. Mind you the only places where I'm comfortable at the minute is in my bed or on my couch in my cosy track suit!! I know I was told before I got pregnant that my pelvis was out of line and maybe thats it also. I started acupuncture last week so I'm hoping that'll help!! I find the heated bean bag thing helps too - I think though that maybe you should take a visit to the chiropadist! Its really hard to put up with!! Sorry I've been waffling on there!!
MrsHawaii05 Posts: 488
im 35 weeks ( my ticker is worng here) and i had a check up yesterday and i asked the midwife ( who is also pregnant) ..i thought it had something to do with how i had gotten the epidural last time and she said ts actually down to posture so she showed me how not to slouch if possible and to stand as straight as i can...she said its completely normal ..all part of te joys im afraid O:|
Ducky Posts: 2506
It's all part of the softening of the pelvis for birth or part of SPD if you have a touch of it. Don't sit for too long, walk, stand or preferably lie on your side to relive it. I had a pregnancy massage which hurt like hell but really eased my lower back later on. Also, get hubby to grind his fist into your lower back - ah the relief! (get him to do this in labour as well) And sleep with pillow between legs and supporting bump if possible.
I had my acunpuncture last night and he pressed on the points that were giving me the touble - well I nearly jumped out of my skin with the pain. He said that he'll be albe to work on it for me, but that if its this bad now then I'm in for a rough time with it for the pregnancy. Ducky - whats SPD?
mama sugar Posts: 1387
thanks ladies well the pain has practically gone I seem to get it bad one day where I can hardly move then the next day or two I am fine so guess it is all part of it and will just try and make sure of good posture and keep using those heated pillow things on the bad days thanks for your replies x
sinion Posts: 6050
I got this padded thing that attaches to the chair for a pregnant lady in work and she swore by it! said it totally eased her back pain as it stopped her from slouching forward hope it eases for you!
Where did you get it Shinion?
sinion Posts: 6050
I just got it from the people who supply all the office furniture, and I think the office stationery catalogues do them too, sorry, don't know where to get them outside work!