30 weeks pregnant and bad pain at top of leg?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobie Posts: 16
I've bad pain at top of left leg today - just wondering does anybody know what this could be. It's making driving and walking very hard. Today is the first day I've had it and it's quite sore. It was hard even getting dressed this morning and I have to lift my leg up to get into car etc. My sis-in-law think it could be plevis pain? I'm not sure though as the pain is at top of leg. Will have to go to doc tomorrow if not better as it's quite uncomfortable. Really don't think I'd be able drive to work in the morning. Anyone else had anything like this?
goldie. Posts: 1233
Could it be sciata (spelling??)?
Roxanne Posts: 3201
I was going to say sciatica too - the baby is probably trapping a nerve, which causes pain in the back or legs. Mention it to your doctor or midwife and they might have some tips on how to deal with it.
babs76 Posts: 1000
i was over with my friend last night, she is 35 weeks and she can barely walk because at the pain at the top of her leg and her doc said it was siaticia (again spelling!)
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
I have been getting these on the inside of my legs and I have been told it is my uterus stretching? Bloody sore whatever it is
bubblybaby Posts: 98
I actually had this yesterday and today i have a sore bum, the top of my bum almost at the bottom of my back :o( i just presumed that it was a trapped nerve or the way the baby is lying - maybe i should monitor more carefully! Sorry - this isnt much help to you at all :-8 but your not alone!