30th bday pressie-HELP!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
Any suggestions for a 30th bday present for h2b???ANY IDEAS AT ALL??? Iv arranged a nite away to a pub/nightclub that his sisters BF runs, there are 28 friends+family going and they are doing cheap B+B for us-its a surprise, he hasnt a clue and its costing me very little-just have to get decorations for the pub+his cake. SO...........what do i get him? im thinking i can afford the €150/200 mark-i work parttime, so dont want to use his money, to buy his pressie IYKWIM! thanks girls in advance :thnk
ludicrous Posts: 529
What about tickets to a footie match/concert?
nelswife Posts: 3869
What type of things is he into??... My hubbie love wine so for part of his 30th present i bought him a home wine making kit...so he could brew his own wine, you can also get ones for beer, etc I also got him tickets to see Jools Holland in Bristol, paid for flights, accom, dinner, and the show The flights and accom didn't cost that much and neither did dinner so what about a night away somewhere paying fro flights accom and dinner? You would get to UK for the night very cheap Another friend of mine her hubby loves Gordan Ramsey??...So she paid for flights over to Uk, London (i think it was) and made reservations in his restaurant for lunch then they did some shopping and flew home that night!!
thanks girls, yeah he is a big football fan-thats an idea,i did it a couple of years ago for christmas though and tickets are very expensive. not a wine drinker but thats a lovely idea nelswife. concert is a good idea aswell, will have a nose on ticketmaster. also likes adventure sports-was trying to see if there was anything along this line but could see anything in right price range.
Check this out...you might get some ideas
farrellandchase Posts: 557
It was my H2B's 30th in May and I got 30 gifts for him, all wrapped up individually, he's like a child when it comes to presents, trying to guess what they are before he opens them. He was delighted couldn't believe all the pressies were for him. They were numbered and started off really small and gradually increased until the last one which was his main pressie. Maybe think of all the things that he loves, sweets, films, books, the token socks etc, they don't have to be expensive, I even wrapped up sweets that were around when we were kids, and then have one main pressie, maybe tickets to a show, a night away together, tickets to a game, a nice watch or an adventure experience. Best of luck, Pamela
[quote="farrellandchase":13esmcc3]It was my H2B's 30th in May and I got 30 gifts for him, all wrapped up individually, he's like a child when it comes to presents, trying to guess what they are before he opens them. He was delighted couldn't believe all the pressies were for him. They were numbered and started off really small and gradually increased until the last one which was his main pressie. Maybe think of all the things that he loves, sweets, films, books, the token socks etc, they don't have to be expensive, I even wrapped up sweets that were around when we were kids, and then have one main pressie, maybe tickets to a show, a night away together, tickets to a game, a nice watch or an adventure experience. Best of luck, Pamela[/quote:13esmcc3] We all did that to for hubbies birthday, his mam and dad, sister, brother etc went in on it, we all bought a few things and wrapped them individually, we started buying nearly a year before and kept adding things, some things were silly things like a cup and coaster set for his office, screwdriver set, soap on a robe, beach towels, etc etc...he loved opening them all up
annonTTCer Posts: 532
going slightly off the mark, my mom gave my dad a flying lesson for their 30th anniversary, he didnt know what to think at first, was very sceptical, left the voucher run out, then mom got it reissued and he used it just a few weeks ago , only becasue it was going to expire again -but HE LOVED IT, flew all over cork and raved about it for ages
[quote="annonTTCer":2cfcxczo]going slightly off the mark, my mom gave my dad a flying lesson for their 30th anniversary, he didnt know what to think at first, was very sceptical, left the voucher run out, then mom got it reissued and he used it just a few weeks ago , only becasue it was going to expire again -but HE LOVED IT, flew all over cork and raved about it for ages[/quote:2cfcxczo] hes a scardy cat :o0 :o0 :o0 hates flying!! thanks thou! [quote="farrellandchase":2cfcxczo]It was my H2B's 30th in May and I got 30 gifts for him, all wrapped up individually, he's like a child when it comes to presents, trying to guess what they are before he opens them. He was delighted couldn't believe all the pressies were for him. They were numbered and started off really small and gradually increased until the last one which was his main pressie. Maybe think of all the things that he loves, sweets, films, books, the token socks etc, they don't have to be expensive, I even wrapped up sweets that were around when we were kids, and then have one main pressie, maybe tickets to a show, a night away together, tickets to a game, a nice watch or an adventure experience. Best of luck, Pamela[/quote:2cfcxczo] thats lovley idea, but its 3 weeks away-def wont have time or money, lovely idea thou!
farrellandchase Posts: 557
I left it so late to do I ended up getting it all together over two days, I just made a big list and went on a mission in town, pennys and TK max were great, it really doesn't have to cost allot, you could deffo do it for under €100 which would leave maybe €100 for the main gift. If you do decide to do it let us know, I'm sure we can help with some cost effective ideas for the 29 gifts. Beat of luck!