30th birthday pressie for friend

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Hi girls A friend of mine is turning 30 next week. She's a good friend, one of my bridesmaids actually, so I want to get her something really nice. The only thing is, she's the first out of us gals to turn the big three o, so I'm really stuck on what to get her! Any tips?? What's the norm?? 8)
AVENGER Posts: 4595
What sort of price range would you be thinking of?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
What about holiday vouchers>I think they are a great idea or arrange a day out for pamering HTH
Rome07, that's another thing! I don't really know the norm for the price range either. Can't afford to spend too much (with the wedding and all that! :wink: ), but want to be generous at the same time. Someone in work with me said money, but I think it's impersonal, especially for a close friend's birthday. I think Brown Thomas sale is starting soon. Maybe I could get her something wicked there for a good price.
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
[quote:vu2z3zs0]Rome07, that's another thing! I don't really know the norm for the price range either. Can't afford to spend too much (with the wedding and all that! :wink: ), but want to be generous at the same time. Someone in work with me said money, but I think it's impersonal, especially for a close friend's birthday. I think Brown Thomas sale is starting soon. Maybe I could get her something wicked there for a good price.[/quote:vu2z3zs0] could you club together with some friends and get her something really nice? 3 of us clubbed together and got our friend a really lovely handbag that hasn't left her side since ( she's 33 now).
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Theres a beauty clinic opposite the Ilas Center in the city centre called the Madison Clinic. I got a gift voucher for my other half and she was thrilled. They have a great range of treatments and the girls were very friendly. Ruairi Finnegan Irish Wedding DJ.com
AVENGER Posts: 4595
I would say around the €100 mark. I think the going together as a group is a great idea especially if you can get her something she really would like but would never buy. I'm being absolutley no help as far as suggestions! Here goes 1. A Spa day - one of those all inclusive pamper packages 2. BT Voucher
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I like the idea of clubbing together to get her something extra special!