35 weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sibs Posts: 128
Im 35 weeks pregnant and from what have been told & reading, i should expect less movement. But my little fella is still very active and its not a little kick, its like rolls of movement, my whole belly moves and sometimes there is a piece of him poking out. Although it is reassuring to feel him move, it does get a bit annoying as its constant. Does anyone else experience this also? He is head down and all set to go but as there are still many weeks left, am just wondering will he calm down a bit over the next week or two, or do you think its a sign that he wants out and will make an appearance early!! How do you know when the head is actually engaged. Can only a scan determine this?
Anon - Please help Posts: 203
My DS did quieten down slightly but only in the last few days before delivery. He was quite active right up until then and still is!!!! Some babies dont quieten down at all tho so dont be alarmed if he or she keeps going right up until they appear!! As for the head being engaged your consultant or midwife will be able to tell you this at your check ups. Best of luck, wont be long til your holding your LO in your arms. xx
theoracle Posts: 7664
If this is your first, you will notice your bump drop when teh head engages - this is however not a sign that the labour is imminent. The midwife/consultant can feel the whether the head is partially engaged by palpitation, but when your bump drops you will know yourself. Regarding movement, there are all sort of variations, what is being said that the baby's movements 'can' slow down due to less space in the womb, but they do not have to.
tilsun Posts: 4506
My movements did not slow down until I was in labour. Even when she was partially engaged she was still kicking away. I was bigger than our house though so I reckon she never would have run out of space :innocent:
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I'm only 28 weeks tomorrow on my first pregnancy but I have been reading ahead! Every one of my books says it's a total myth that babies get less active in the final weeks. It's just that the type of movement changes to exactly what you are experiencing - like the whole baby moving and rolling about and not just kicks and jabs. AFAIK the head won't engage until closer the end and as others say. You will see the bump drops lower and if you have been having difficulty breathing from the baby pushing up against your ribs you will probably get relief as babs drops lower.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
DS never stopped. Right up to the point of labour!! And movements sounds very like what you are experiencing too!! Don't worry. Movement is good!!
dion Posts: 986
Im 38 w & movements are stronger then ever thankfully.
Sorry I spoke about not having experienced this! My baba has started rolling around like a big bowling ball all afternoon! Most uncomfortable!
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
I've had baby arse under my left boob all afternoon. Every time I try to massage the baby down a little, I get a kick. This baby is going to be an ornery one, I think.
[quote="mysteriousmise":12wychk2]I've had baby arse under my left boob all afternoon. Every time I try to massage the baby down a little, I get a kick. This baby is going to be an ornery one, I think.[/quote:12wychk2] :o0 :o0 :o0