36 weeks and swelling and BP risen a bit?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

spanish mum Posts: 2468
hi girls, wondered if any of you had/have this. i have got very swollen feet/ankles (as well as some swelling everywhere else, legs, arms hands, neck face etc). went toGP tuesday where BP was fine and sent me away telling me it was the joys of being 'heavily pregnancy in the Andalucian summer'!! Usually my BP is either 110/60 or 110/60...today i went to chemist and it was 118/76! would this be classed as high? is it worth going to see urgencias dr? huge queues and 30+degs is putting me off traipsing out! just wondered if anyone has had experience of this and what they would do? thanks girls. :thnk
finet Posts: 403
Hey I have no medical training but i don't think this would be classed as high as far as I have read "A person's blood pressure is considered high when the readings are greater than 140 mm Hg systolic (the top number in the blood pressure reading) or 90 mm Hg diastolic (the bottom number)."
goinloco Posts: 774
i don't think 76 is too bad, i was kept in hospital when mine got to 104 on bottom and was let out when it went down to 82 (after 5 days) edited to say, i wou;ld probably get it checked though because of the swelling, they might be worried about pre-eclampia and will more than likely need to check your urine for protein.
theoracle Posts: 7664
Your bp sounds fine, and the swelling would probably be down to the hot weather. Try to keep cool, feet up as much as possible (impossible rather I know with your LO) and lukewarm showers if possible. I was pregnant with dd1 in June/JUly and I was like a baloon, especially my feet and to make it worse I went 10 days over!
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think you're right Oracle. I am sure its this heat..and it is just getting hotter now! I'm just hoping i wont go the 10 days over....i am feeling ready now! :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
SM you've a pink ticker... did you find out?!!!
Hiya daff....or should i say Poirot...good spot...yes, found out we're having a little girl! :lvs
Daff Posts: 11644
oh congrats! :o)ll that's such wonderful news, delighted for you :lvs
Silini2 Posts: 3834
SB do you feel 'keyed up' in any way. I had pre e with both mine and with dd1 was very swollen, high bp etc but with dd2 it was near term and the weather was warm so i put swelling down to that, but i felt a bit 'keyed up' and sure enough at my next apt my bp was up and i had the protein as well. TBH i would get checked out tomorrow. You can't be too careful.
Thanks daff! :thnk ah, i do eel keyed up actually silini! It is in my nature too, so thought i was just a bit more hyper than usual, but cos i am getting nearer the birth! will deffo go to dr tomorrow and get urine checked for protein. they didnt even suggest it. thanks. :thnk