39 weeks - how to celebrate birthday?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess09 Posts: 821
My birthday is 1 week before my due date, I hate my bday anyway as people never able to celebrate, and always forget. I'll ensure a fuss is always made of my baby due mid Dec! I know my bday may be the last thing on my mind if this baby decides to make an appearance beforehand! But I want to have something planned, to be honest I've started worrying about the less time myself and hubby will have for each other, and said to him all I want is for us to do something we won't get to once baby arrives! Thot about asking people to meet for dinner but don't want to for 2 reasons, better not make plans in case I'm not there! and also don't want to out added pressure of expense on family friends coming up to xmas. Any ideas? Did you celebrate bday while pregnant?
mamajen Posts: 2263
Could you have people up to the house for dinner or drinks or something? Then you could skoot off to bed if you get tired! Although the clean - up in the morning might be annoying!!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
indian food spicy spicy spicy.... :stork: :stork: :stork:
Blitz Posts: 583
Its my birthday today & guess what I am exactly 39wks today too :o0 I always like to make a big day of my birthday and thought today might be sooo disappointing as I was to be home alone! Me and hubby went out for dinner yest and then last night just before bed I opened my pressies and cards.. my mum is on her way over for lunch and she and my hubbie will make dinner for me later on.. To be honest I am not long out of the bath and finding it very hard to get around, I am soo tired and starting to feel very achy and sore :( I'm quite big and I know that I wouldn't really fancy getting dressed or going out or having too many around the house - I'm happy with just my immediate family and happier in the knowledge I wont't have to get off the sofa *)
dreamer Posts: 3941
It really is up to you! It was my birthday yesterday and even though I am only 33 weeks I did not want to do anything! My DH wanted to take me out for dinner etc etc and I told him I just didn't feel like doing anything! But he brought me breakfast in bed. DD kept singing happy birthday to me all day. He had lots of little pressies which he distributed at random times during the day (all delevered by DD) Then he cooked dinner, lit the fire, we had a small cake with candles for DD to blow out and a cost night in! So I did nothing but it was lovely!
punkybrewster Posts: 290
[quote="dreamer":2l3lr1kv]It really is up to you! It was my birthday yesterday and even though I am only 33 weeks I did not want to do anything! My DH wanted to take me out for dinner etc etc and I told him I just didn't feel like doing anything! But he brought me breakfast in bed. DD kept singing happy birthday to me all day. He had lots of little pressies which he distributed at random times during the day (all delevered by DD) Then he cooked dinner, lit the fire, we had a small cake with candles for DD to blow out and a cost night in! So I did nothing but it was lovely![/quote:2l3lr1kv] Hormones. Bawling. :lvs
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
I went to the spa in fota for myself and had an absolutely fab and relaxing day. Nobody knew what to get me so I asked them for vouchers for the spa. I loved it
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
if i were you id book a lovely preg massage in the local spa/salon and have hubby pick up a takeaway for dinner or take you out if youre feeling up to it. Make yourself as comfotable as you can at this stage
Princess09 Posts: 821
Thanks for all the ideas! And belated happy bday to all the pregnant ladies! I think what I'll do is def book into local spa, it's fab and close by, as my bday falls mid week, that would be ideal as hubby will be in work. Then if I'm up to it try a new restaurant early bird at weekend and tell people going here if you want to come along, no pressure, to be honest, I don't care this year about loads of people celebrating with me as long as myself and hubby get to spend time together. Thot asking people over, as it will also be X Factor final, but that will turn into everyone else drinking loads! Plus the cleaning the next day would be awful, I'm just getting used to being at home all day and keeping on top of the housework!
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
It was my 30th when I was 38 weeks pregnant with DD and I normally celebrate my birthday by having friends round. So I just did what the other girls did - treated myself to a spa treatment and then DH made me dinner. Then when it was DH's birthday 4 months later I declared it was a joint party of his birthday and my belated one!