3d/4d scan outside of Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cyberspi Posts: 103
Does anyone know if there is somewhere to go outside of Dublin for the 3D/4D scans? by the time hubby & i get trains and taxis on top of the cost of the scan you're talking over €300. Would be great if there was somewhere else, we'll drive anywhere but Dublin! :)
NotHere Posts: 10273
There is a place in Castlebar that does it: 094 90 60677 thinking of booking it myself further down the line :wv
madmam Posts: 1294
I just rang them, Flutterby...they seem nice. They do appointments from Mon - Sat, their last appointment is at 6pm. It costs €150 and you get a dvd etc with that. Yay! Their website is www.innervision.ie HTH :wv
Hurrah! Just made appointment with them. Fri 15th June! :o)ll
NotHere Posts: 10273
Thanks Shorty! Do you live in Mayo??
lucky bella Posts: 88
Hiya, There's a place just outside Bangor that does it. I can get their details if you want it.
No Flutterby, Galway. Will be a race against time to get to Castlebar for the last appointment! :eek
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Now I'm not wanting to do any scaremongering here but I just received this information in an email from What to expect when you're expecting website. But at the end of the day it's your choice. We were kinda thinking about it ourselves too. [quote:18tedreo]Ultrasound is a tried-and-true prenatal tool (and a window into the wonderful world of your womb), but lately this procedure has taken a giant leap from the confines of a doctor's office to a storefront at the mall. Is it safe to take a peek inside your tummy on the way to Sears? While the FDA has yet to establish rules on these prenatal photography studios, they do warn against having ultrasounds for fun (as opposed to for medical reasons), since such three-dimensional imaging machines use much higher power than the typical ultrasound machines at your doctor's office. And many medical professionals fear that nervous moms-to-be will come away wrongly convinced there's something wrong with their babies, or, worse, that the untrained wand wavers will miss real problems that would be detected by a pro. If you do choose elective sonography, do so wisely (and after you check with your practitioner for the go-ahead). While there's nothing more precious than seeing your baby in three dimensions (except, of course, seeing your baby for real once it's born), limit your visits to one or two, each no more than 15 minutes in length. And bring your wallet! Some studios charge up to $300 for a photo, CD-ROM, and a video of the fetus.[/quote:18tedreo] The info in particular that worries me is [b:18tedreo][u:18tedreo]three-dimensional imaging machines use much higher power than the typical ultrasound machines[/u:18tedreo] at your doctor's office.[/b:18tedreo]
Ooh - I get your point Teds. Will need to think about this........
mumof2 Posts: 3864
[quote="Tedsters":29h0kghd]Now I'm not wanting to do any scaremongering here but I just received this information in an email from What to expect when you're expecting website. But at the end of the day it's your choice. We were kinda thinking about it ourselves too. [quote:29h0kghd]Ultrasound is a tried-and-true prenatal tool (and a window into the wonderful world of your womb), but lately this procedure has taken a giant leap from the confines of a doctor's office to a storefront at the mall. Is it safe to take a peek inside your tummy on the way to Sears? While the FDA has yet to establish rules on these prenatal photography studios, they do warn against having ultrasounds for fun (as opposed to for medical reasons), since such three-dimensional imaging machines use much higher power than the typical ultrasound machines at your doctor's office. And many medical professionals fear that nervous moms-to-be will come away wrongly convinced there's something wrong with their babies, or, worse, that the untrained wand wavers will miss real problems that would be detected by a pro. If you do choose elective sonography, do so wisely (and after you check with your practitioner for the go-ahead). While there's nothing more precious than seeing your baby in three dimensions (except, of course, seeing your baby for real once it's born), limit your visits to one or two, each no more than 15 minutes in length. And bring your wallet! Some studios charge up to $300 for a photo, CD-ROM, and a video of the fetus.[/quote:29h0kghd] The info in particular that worries me is [b:29h0kghd][u:29h0kghd]three-dimensional imaging machines use much higher power than the typical ultrasound machines[/u:29h0kghd] at your doctor's office.[/b:29h0kghd][/quote:29h0kghd] God that's a bit worrying alright - I had found a place in Limerick that did it, but if I do get PG again think I will give it a miss now.