3D / 4D SCANS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs attitude Posts: 22
I have booked my 3d/4d scan and i am just wondering i don't want to know the sex of the baby but do you think you would be able to make out from the picture of the baby if it is a girl or a boy you know by looking at it's face. I know this question probably sounds stupid but it is really playing on my mind i am so excited getting this done
jarashow Posts: 3083
Well we had ours on Saturday and you do have to sign beforehand to say that you may see during the scan depending on how the baby is moving.... luckily ours was well behaved and didn't show off it's bits, got loads of full face shots which they said is usually hard to get. On the face question, 2 people that have seen photo's reckon it's a boy from the face, maybe as it looks like it's Dad, but both me and hubbie said that if we were told it was either we would have believed them. Looking at a few of the other ones on the site since and knowing what they have had I can now see that they do look like a girl or boy, but I would be well impressed if you could pick by looking at your own.
tras Posts: 1460
You won't have a clue!! We had one (sooo worth it, such a special time!!), we wanted to know the sex but kept it a secret from everyone. So they were all trying to guess from the photos and dvd, and they didn't succeed at all!
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Can someone recommend a good place to get this done in Dublin (preferably city centre)? Thanks
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Hi Hokey Cokey, Check out MD Ultrasound in Dublin 2 - www.mdu.ie My friend got her 3d scan done there and said they were great. Think they only do Saturday appointments in their Dublin office. :wv
jarashow Posts: 3083
Hokey, not city center but we went to Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock, Vivas give you €50 back on the cost if you are with them.
rushinbride Posts: 1097
3d/4d scans are well worth it alright!! As Jarashow said you will have to sign something beforehand so you understand that it may be possible to see babies bits....altho the sanographer will do everything to steer well clear!! My baby was very active during our scan - we said we wanted to know sex but our 6yr old son was with us so we didn't want it made obvious in front of him...she only gave a little glance down on the black & white screen and pointed out its bits to us...if we didn't want to know we most certainly wouldn't have seen it... As for guessing by its face what it is...we know the sex of our baby...I've had people look at the pics & dvd and some say it looks 100% a girl - others say it looks 100% a boy...all i'm saying is half of them are wrong...I do think it looks like my son, just certain features he had when he was a newborn, I'm the only one that sees that tho!! Seriously you'll have a 50/50 chance of guessing from the pic what it is, but you've a 50/50 chance of being wrong...its like looking at your bump - people say if your this way its a boy and if your that way its a girl...its only guessing - some people will guess right other wrong - but you really can't tell... It is well worth getting it done...watching it what its doing on the screen while you feel it inside you really is amazing!!