3D Scans

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

All the way May Posts: 203
Girls I am just wondering how far in advance did you need to book your appt. I know that it's early days for me yet but I was just sussing it out I will be 23 weeks please God the week I go to NY and I was hoping to find out the sex of the baby that week before I went. Can anyone give me any info?? Thanks a mil!
marla Posts: 191
As far as I know they recommend you do the 3d scan between 28 and 32 weeks, not sure if they do them before that. Might be different in each place.
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
Paula Tunney reccomends them from between 23-28 weeks, have a look at her website www.paulatunney-ultrasound.com. I went to her and it was great, Its €200 now for 20 min dvd and a few pics.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I had mine done at just over 26 weeks and it was a perfect time. DD was a great size, not to big, but well developed, so that we could see everything - it was fantastic!! I'd book it now if I was you - no harm in booking in advance! I booked mine when I was 13 weeks (rang in May for an appointment in August), I was expecting them to laugh when I rang, but they already had appointments for the week I wanted :eek. They will do the scan earlier or later if you want, but they say that before 22 weeks that the baby can look very skeletal, and after 30 weeks it gets tight on space, so you may not see everything so clearly. Do you have a hospital scan at around 20 weeks that could tell you the sex? HTH
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Forgot to say, I had it done at Paula Tunney's in Rathgar.
Port Princess Posts: 1154
Hiya, I got my scan done in Paula Tunneys in Swords at 22wks we could see everything and found out we're having a girl, like you we were off to America so wanted to know the sex to be able to buy stuff over there :o0 We had a lovely lady called Monica, she was a gem! You do have to give a good bit of notice if you want a Saturday think we booked it about 7 or 8wks in advance. Hope this helps :wv
baby4me Posts: 455
is there anywhere in galway that does them in galway. we are planning a weekend there in dec and wud save us a trip to dublin???
Sassy Posts: 2269
If you go for a 3D scan do you have to find out the sex?? I would love to have one but i don't want to find out what we are having.
brideeee Posts: 1490
I think they can avoid telling you the baby's sex. The nearest place to Galway to get it done is Castlebar, HTH
baby4me Posts: 455
sorry bridee im from cork how far is castlebar from galway. where in castlebar is it??