4 D scan this weekend - kinda freaked out!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

annabella Posts: 190
ok i'm freaking out today, i have 4d scan on saturday which i've been looking forward to for months but now i'm scared there is gonna be something wrong with the baby :o( :o( i just can't help thinking the worst now!! also just realised that 16 weeks today is my due date so freaking out over everything today.......
Gidz Posts: 290
Congrats! Those scans are amazing. I had tears in my eyes the whole way through. Could see my daughter playing with the umbilical cord and everytime we tried lookin at her face she'd put her hand up..U'll get lovely pictures and a dvd of your bouncing baby. O:o) And also find out the sex if you cant wait!! :eek
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Our 4D scan was the absolute highlight (so far) of the pregnancy for us! The only thing that will top it is actually meeting our LO for the first time! We didn't find out the sex but it is absolutely SO amazing! H2b was facinated and I really think it helped him to bond with baby! Since then he's been talking to baby every night! :o0 Helps them to see baby as a real moving person! Especially since the only scan he had seen was at 16 weeks and most of what we could see then was only skeleton like baby in black and white! Also only lasted a few mins and doc kept interupting to ask questions! At the 4D we really got to see properly and never felt rushed! We went to Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock so can guarantee that they run an excellent service if that's where you're heading!
totalnovice Posts: 787
Oh hon dont worry its going to be brilliant. I have mine on Saturday and am super excited even though I know come Saturday morning I will be thinking what if the baby isnt ok. For me i have been like that before every consultant appointment and scan but everything has alwasy been ok. Enjoy the scan!
nea dude Posts: 749
Girls did you ask for the 4D scans? I'm going private and no one ever mentioned we could have a 4D scan and a DVD!! Would love the DVD to have for baby when they get bigger.
nea dude you book them seperately. I am getting it done in Cork but they have a place in Dublin as well: www.babyscan.ie
Gidz Posts: 290
There's also a place in Castlebar Co Mayo.. Costs E150 if you want a number just pm me.. :lvs
nea dude Posts: 749
Thanks girls, i'll call and see if I can get an appointment.
annabella Posts: 190
thanks for all the replies girls, i know i'm being silly but just can;t help but worry.....feeling better about it today but i know i will be a bag of nerves in the morn. bride 2b as you say i think it will make it more real for my hubby as i feel the baby moving everyday and he doesn't. we decided not to find out the sex but the temptation is just too much now seeing as we have the scan.....
annabella knew it would happen to me as well, have started worrying now as well. Will be sick with nerves in the morning but it will all be worth when we get to see our beautiful babies on the screen. Oh the nerves!!!