4 days overdue...will reflexology help???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

iggie Posts: 24
Hi I am now 4 days overdue and wondering has anyone tried reflexology at this stage. Does it help induce labour?? I lost my mucus plug on due date, 4 days ago but nothing since then! Any tips welcome! Tks
Duffers Posts: 1841
Id say i could help alright. Have you posted in M&K? Try phoning a reflexologist and ask their opinion. Best of luck!
redwifey Posts: 2932
I had reflexology on DD, had it at 6pm and my waters went at 10.30pm so it was effective for me. Best of luck.
iggie Posts: 24
wow sounds promising!! I had it today at 12pm so fingers crossed things will get moving tonight!
La La Land Posts: 226
Hi Iggie - I had relexology at about 7 days overdue and it did nothing for me. I was so disappointed because I had heard loads of good things about it. I then tried acupuncture at 11days over and I don't know if it was the acupuncture or if would have happened anyway but lost the mucus plug the next day and started getting mild contractions but still ended up being induced at 13days over as fluid was gone low and the contractions were stopping and starting. I would say the fact that your plug has gone is a good sign so hopefully you haven't too much longer left. Good luck
rosie84d Posts: 60
Hello how are you, I don't know if it will work for you but when I was 40+4 I had a sweep done and than went home and had a warm bath and baby was born within 24 hours.