5 stone diamond ring advice - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAH Posts: 3715
[quote="Woodstock":1zvcsos5]Thanks all for your replies. Will pop into Irish Rubies at the weekend, any of you know if I need to book an appt or can I just walk in? [/quote:1zvcsos5] You can just walk in, Do have a picture of what you want with you. There isn't much in the 'showroom' to go by. What you will get are quality stones ordered in for you, so if you want an 5 E VS1 stones that can be done and quickly too. You will also get a really well made ring. Shay is a real old fashioned jeweller, and the craftsmanship shows.
w.w.wonder Posts: 297
Shay and Pat in Irish Rubies are fantastic craftsmen. Don't let the 'showroom' put you off. Yes the place could do with being done up a little but what they save in Decor the pass on in brilliant work and prices. I have already told H2B that when the time comes we will be getiing our eternity ring from them. Just wish I known about them before I got my engagement ring (would still have same style/metal/stone) but at a much better price.
gillette Posts: 1803
Have you tried Diamant? They're based in Dublin 2 (website is ) - you get the Antwerp prices without having to travel there. I got my engagement ring from them for a great price and was very pleased with the service. I've four friends who've all used them too. I'd totally recommend! Happy shopping, diamond shopping is the nicest :lvs
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
yeah i agree with irish rubys im getting my wedding ring there and getting work done on my engegment ring too :o)ll h2b also getting his ring there shay and pat are great to deal with.. i will be very happy to hand over my money to them.. they do amazing work :o)ll
julybride 2010 Posts: 418
[quote="Woodstock"]Thanks all for your replies. julybride 2010 - I actually exchanged a number of emails with Philippe years and years ago when we were looking for an engagement ring but even at the time going to Antwerp wasn't really an option. (I would have been on that plane in a heartbeat if you ask me :o0 but my H2B at the time (DH now) didn't really want to travel for it!) I didn't realize Philippe could post the ring out to you. I suppose i'd need to know exactly what I want (down to every detail, width of band etc) before asking him to make it. I guess if I found here something I like but it's not within budget I could always ask Philippe if he could make it... Hi Woodstock, Ye its defo an option you could consider. This is what i did myself. I searched very hard for the style i like and emailed him the pics and when we went to him he then knew what we had in mind which was great because it cut out alot of search. I taught he was great to deal with and his english is perfect so no misunderstanding in anything. Best of luck with your search. Let us know how you get on. :wv
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
[quote="gillette":25br5hg0]Have you tried Diamant? They're based in Dublin 2 (website is ) - you get the Antwerp prices without having to travel there. I got my engagement ring from them for a great price and was very pleased with the service. I've four friends who've all used them too. I'd totally recommend! Happy shopping, diamond shopping is the nicest :lvs[/quote:25br5hg0] I just got me ring from Diamant about two weeks ago, dealt with Tom. I LOVE my ring :lvs :lvs :lvs and got it at a much better price than if I had went to a jewelers. I am from the west and went to Tom especially even though it is a long way from me. People ask me every day at work where I got my gorgeous ring (the lights in work make it sparkle really well) It could not have turned out better, and the prices are very good. Have a look at there designs on the website. :wv PS My ring was made by a goldsmith in Antwerp and sent back here to Ireland, there is loads of paper work with it too to tell you all about the diamond and the value etc.
gillette Posts: 1803
Yay, littlechick! I've mine about a year and a half now and i still find myself staring at it happily!