5 weeks and some spotting??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi I'm a long time lurker on the site and got my BFP on friday after 5 months trying. I've had light brown CM since a few days before my AF was due and thought it was my AF on the way as I usually get spotting. AF didn't arrive and I did a test on friday and it was positive. Went to the docs on friday to confirm and mentioned the spotting, he said nothing I can do as it's so early and just to watch it. I still have it now but it is getting lighter sort of brownish CM not enough for a liner or anything. Do you think this is something to worry about? I thought it might have been implantation bleed but I've had it for a week now and just a little concerned that its still there, any advice? Thanks
round two Posts: 1018
Hi Doverdo, Firstly congratulations and welcome. There really is very little you can do about the spotting, the fact that it isd brown means that it is old blood and not something new which is a good thing. Only if you start to spot red do you need to get more concerned. I have quite a big bleed at 10 weeks but thankfully the baby is just fine. You need to take it easy and watch it for a few days. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks Hope07, I'm sure it will be fine but I just wish I had no spotting at all so I could relax and get used to the fact that I'm pregnant without worrying so much! Sometimes I think having too much information on these things does you no good! Thanks again :thnk
round two Posts: 1018
I know what you mean. We all know and read far too much these days. It is a very unusual time for you as it is hard to believe that you really are pregnant and that takes some getting used to. It is also hard to imagine telling people, that was what I found the strangest. Take this time for you and the hubby and just savour it cause once people know you will then be inundated with advice on what you can and can't do.
brideeee Posts: 1490
Hi Dove, My friend was like you she has brown spotting for a few days and then a bit more spotting a few weeks later, both were around the time her AF was due. She's due her bubs in 2 weeks time. What I would say is take it very easy around the house and in work and get plenty of rest. It sounds like it's old blood, Take care, xx brideeee
Neither myself or hubby are great at keeping secrets so we've already told some close friends and family :-8 I do hope I don't regret telling people so early but the way i saw it is that the people I told are people I would turn to if things didn't go ok anyway Anyway, only allowing positive thinking from now on, thanks a mill for the advice. I'm sure i'll be asking loads of questions now that I got the courage to actually post a topic! :xox
BTW Dove, when is your due date? I'm 5 weeks pg too, mine is Feb 26th, xx brideeee
Thanks brideeee I did think it was common enough but then again it's different when it's happening to you and you start getting worried. Thats good to know about your friend. Will definitly take it easy for the next while and see how I go. Seen as I'm not drinking at my weekends anymore I'll have nothing else to do but rest at the weekends! Thats a real change for me!
Hi Brideeee The docs said my DD would be feb 20th. Although I think that may turn out to be wrong as I ovulated a week later than usual so my AF was going to be a week later than usual. I think I might be more like 4 weeks pregnant but I suppose I won't know that until the first scan. I haven't rang and booked in for one yet. I think i'm going to go private just cause I'm such a worrier and need the re-assurance! When does the first scan happen? Congrats on your BFP by the way!
H iya Dove, Congrats to you too. First scan depends on where you are in the country. I'm in Galway so I think I'll be 14-16 weeks before I get my first scan, going to be a long wait but I think I'll wait and see when I get my apt and I'll go back to gp at 12 weeks and see if he can get the baby's heartbeat, just for reassurance, take care and rest up, xx brideeee