5mth old,and pregnant,but dnt no dates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Madomozelle Posts: 39
Hi all, My little boy is 5 mts old and i've had 2 periods since,however i forgot to make a note of when they were due to being buisy with the baby anyways i felt a bit off the last few weeks so i done a test and i was delighted when it was positive and it said 2-3 weeks. how can the doctor do my dates if i dnt no when my last period was? Thanks for any replys
classygal Posts: 436
I think the conception indication on the cb preg tests are pretty accurate so I'd imagine your about (4-5) weeks, or whatever it says on the box, can't remember it exactly. The doctors will only be able to estimate but your 12 week scan will date you probably, dating from periods is only ever an estimate really, its the scan date that is decisive. Big congrats,I think its wonderful having two LO's so close together! Again big congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Madomozelle Posts: 39
Thanks a mill for your reply . . yeah think it will be nice to have dem close am over the moon :thnk
OrangePetal Posts: 93
congrats. :o)ll the only way to be sure is to go for an early dating scan. or just wait for ur hospital scan. as classygal said.
brightlight Posts: 394
I also got pregnant when DS1 was 5 months old- I never had a period in between as was breast feeding so just waited until the first scan at around 20 weks which must have been very accurate- they gave me a due date of 28th Nov and he was born on 30th.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
they can date the pregnancy from a scan. congrats.. :o)ll
funkyfish Posts: 7626
they can date the pregnancy from a scan. congrats.. :o)ll
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
you can get a scan from 7 weeks if you don't want to wait on the hospital scns, the earlier you go the more accurate! Congrats!