6 week GP check-what happens at it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsDraper Posts: 146
Hi Wollies I booked in with the GP for the 6 week appointment with baby, the receptionist mentioned it's a comprehensive check so am just wondering what should I expect?
Baby Powder Posts: 265
As far as I remember, they checked his fontanell, hips, testicles, weighed and measured him, checked the cord stump, had a general look at his skin, really can't rememeber what else!
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
They will also check you and see how you are getting on.
Thanks for replies, when you say they check me too what does that involve? Is it just the doctor asking me questions or will they do a physical check "down there"?
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Did you have a vaginal birth or CSection? Did you have any tears? If you had a vaginal birth they'll check to see if you are healing down there. CSection they'll check scared. They'll talk about how you are getting on.
Thanks for the info WinterB2B. I had vacuum delivery & episiotomy so they will no doubt have to check the stitches have healed and all that. Better tidy the lady garden lol :o0
newlywed0912 Posts: 734
I had a vaginal delivery, I was feeling fine down below so I didn't bother getting them to check, they did ask if I wanted to tho. They also talked to me about contraceptive
Baby Powder Posts: 265
Check with your GP that youre both booked in, didn't even occur to me to make an appt for me too, I just said I was making it for the 6 week check, and assumed it was both of us. She asked them was I headed back into the Coombe for mine, so I only got a quick check of my scar and asked how I was!
Thanks all, yes she booked in 2 appointments, 1 for me & 1 for the baby.