6 weeks - no sickness??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsnearlythere Posts: 474
And i am worried! Have been very tired the last few weeks, boobs have been up and down in size and am a bit spotty. Apart from that (and the fact i am doing hpt's on a regular basis!) you would never know i am pg! but it is the lack of sickness which is worrying really. 1st antenatal app is next tues, and doubt the midwife will be able to har a heart beat at 7 weeks to reassure me all is well!
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Congrats Mrsnearlythere, you are still quite early in your pregnancy so while I know it's hard not to worry just wait a little more. My nausea only started around 6-7wks. YOu have mentioned other signs though that your body is undergoing some changes - breasts more tender, spots, frequent toilet trips, bloating. All these are other signs - you don't need to have ms straight from beg. Unfortunately you are right about the heartbeat - most gps and midwives won't try to find it until later. good luck
marriedinmay Posts: 578
Believe it or not I had sickness at the time of inplantation, then it went, then last week I only had for a couple of days. From what I have read it does vary from people to poeple, try not to worry :wv x
keyra Posts: 801
Try not to worry, I know its easy to say and i was exactly the same as you in the very early weeks. I didnt have much m/s, had nausea from about 6 weeks but no actual sickness, the nausea lasted until about 9 weeks and then came back again for a few days at 12 weeks but it does come and go and its different for everyone. You never know, you might be one of the lucky ones and have no sickness. Best of luck with your pregnancy.
baby2010 Posts: 908
like the others have said, try not to worry, easier said than done I know. I'm 18 weeks today and I've been sick twice - once at 16wks and once at 17wks, everyone is different. A friend of mine is 15wks on her 3rd pregnancy and she has never been sick - just take it as a blessing...... :o0
izzie1977 Posts: 460
Hey mrsnearlythere, I really wouldnt worry, I am nine weeks and I have not had any sickness at all, just tiredness, bloating, sore boobs and spots... but that its, I swear I keep telling my hubbie that I should be feeling more, but my doc disagrees! So dont worry, you are not alone *)
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="izzie1977":1dc4r2zi]I am nine weeks and I have not had any sickness at all, just tiredness, bloating, sore boobs and spots... [/quote:1dc4r2zi] Me too and I am 15 weeks. although I did have some nausea, I have never gotten sick. I am taking it as a real blessing. My mam didn't have morning sickness either apparently.
i want one Posts: 2893
hi mrs nearly there, congrats on your bfp. as u can c from the responses everyone is different when it comes to sickness. for me ms did not kick in until after week 7, and it really started then, every evening until around wk 14 when it actually got worse and turned into all day sickness. it started to ease at around 19 20 weeks but im still sick 2 or 3 times a week now. so enjoy the no sickness for now because it may not last. i dont think your doctor will be able to hear a heartbeat at 7 weeks, i think it was closer to 13 weeks for me when the doctor found the heartbeat with the doppler. you could always book in for an early scan to re assure yourself, this is what we did, but didnt get this done until 9 weeks. I know easier said than done but please try not to worry. and congrats again on your BFP :o)ll
micksmrs Posts: 931
Mrsnearlythere, I havent felt a thing so far. Apart from no periods its like I am normal. Every time I tell someone I am 15weeks they look at me and say "where is it". I guess we are the lucky ones. Yesterday the doctor let me listen to the heart beat, its the first real sign since the Postive test that there is actually a baby growing inside me. I am very thankfull that it has gone this way for me. I would have hated to be sick and that might come yet I am told.
joer Posts: 1617
I havent had much sickness either, had scan at EPU last week, an internal, and there was a heartbeat, so you may still be able to get one. up until then I thought I was making it all up and am still terrified that somethings not right.