6 weeks pregnant and really worried :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hopefully Posts: 254
Girls, I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a really really bad pain. Kind of like the one you would get if you had diarrhoea but it wasn't. It lasted about 5 mins. There's no blood but what has even more worried now is that my boobs don't seem to be sore anymore. Before I had a sharp stingy pain if I pressed them but now they aren't really sore at all. Anyone ever experience anything like this? No need to sugar coat it girls, just let me know what ye honestly think.
petunia Posts: 1626
hi hopefully, hope your feeling bit better now. Have you had any more pains since? All i can say is that maybe not to pay too much attention to how sensitive the boobs are, mine were very sensitive at the start but were not very sensitive all the time. I dont really know what else to tell you but theres every chance things are fine, try to stay positive. Maybe give your gp a buzz to see what they say. :action32
mammak Posts: 489
Hey hopefully, I had the same thing on both my pregnancies, felt like i was getting my period for the first 8 weeks, really bad pains etc, and all was well with me. I was private patient so for peace of mind i rang my cons who did early scans for me which helped ease these -head wise. Don.t know if thats an option for you or not. I hope this helps! There are a lot of girls on here who get pains early on. As regards boobs - wouldn't mind that, it'll come and go. xxxx :xox :xxx :xox :xxx
CarrieT Posts: 57
I'm just over 5 wks gone and have been having very uncomfortable cramps on and off for the last few days. I'm hoping it's just stretching and nature taking it's course. If it's worrying you Hopefully you should def contact your doctor for some reassurance x
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
If you are worried about the pain, give your doctor a ring. Worrying will not help either you or babs.
Inlove10 Posts: 806
You'll go through bouts of really weird pains, it's all a bit strange when it's new. As other posters have said unless you have any bleeding its probably fine. I had pains like this come and go and I also found that my digestion completely improved as I wasn't drinking and was eating much healthier, plenty of water etc etc so my bowels were working overtime. I also had a stitch like pain in my side come and go for weeks
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Hey Even if you did have some bleeding or brown discharge it might still be okay. Honestly, pregnancy feels WEIRD. A lot. No one ever talks about it so until you start being pregnant yourself and asking people about it, you will just have no clue. If you are worried still, talk to your doc who might send you for an early scan.. that would put your mind at rest x
redfly Posts: 358
hiya, I also had pain when i was about 5 or 6 weeks. I got the pain a couple of times over the course of a few days and it was soooooooooo painful it really stumped me. Ended up calling my GP who sent me for an early scan and all was fine. The nurse said sometimes the high hormones levels can cause your bowels and your muscles down there to start contracting and cause pain Try not to worry. You're not bleeding which is fantastic. About the sore boobs, the soreness in mine came and went ALL the time.
Hopefully Posts: 254
Thanks a mill for all d responses girls. I'm feeling much more relaxed about it now. Iv had no pain since, no bleeding and boobs r a bit sore again... Neve thought id b delighted to hv sore boobs. Just got a fright coz d pain last nite was so bad ... Was doubled ovr and moaning wit it. Iv a dr apt nxt fri and due for an early scan fri week as I mc last time I was pregnant. Will mention it to d dr but fingers crossed all wil b ok. Thanks again girls.[/list]
zoey Posts: 1574
Hi Hopefully, I'm so glad that you're feeling more relaxed now. The early weeks of pregnancy can be so worrying especially if you've suffered a m/c before. All the best now hun and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly for you. Zoey :lvs