6mnts after mc & no bfp,should I be worried?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wasbabs2011 Posts: 185
Hey ladies, hope ye don't mind helpin a ttcer please? I had a mc last sept,it's now 6 months on and no bfp. We have tried every cycle since and are timing it right,I'm using fertility friend for temping so I know im ovulating. Got my bloods done last cycle and my progesterone level was 61.8 so doc says they are fine. should I be doing anything else? Have any of you being successful with a similar situation? I'm getting really down coz I should be due next month but I'm not even near pregnant yet. :o( Any advice would be really appreciated. :thnk
sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi wasbabs, Sorry to hear about your mc and that you're feeling a bit worried at the moment. I had mc early August last year and arrived at the 6 month mark still not pregnant. I was really worried too and dreaded coming up to baby's due date. Just as I was really giving up hope I got bfp just a week or 2 before baby's due date 7 months after mc. im sure it will happen for you too. Not every woman gets pregnant straight away eventhough it seems like thats the way sometimes! Best of luck :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks a million for replying,that gives me great hope! O:o) Congrats on your news are ya far along now? Is this your first? I'm just so disappointed every month when my period arrives it's like a reminder of the mc if that makes sense. It seems as though every woman on the ttc after mc thread gets pregnant within a few months and I was beginning to worry. Also anyone I know in "real life" seems to be pregnant straight after. That's the impression I got from hospital too at the time. I'm just finding it hard at the moment as I only told my sis at the time,my parents,in laws,friends don't know. While my sis is good she doesn't get it plus I didn't tell her we have been ttc since,I said at the time I would wait a while and then when it wasn't happening I said I was waiting a full year,now I'm thinking I will have to say I changed my mind bout having kids anytime soon. I just don't want the pressure of anyone knowing that we are ttc. Oh god such a rant!!! I just want my bfp!! You have given me great hope though! Did you go to doc or anything or do anything different the month ya got bfp coz iv tried epo,pineapple,bum in air! I haven't done pressed yet and am not pushed at the thought of it but would try it if I had too! Sorry for all the Q! Wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy! :stork:
sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi, Im just 7 weeks 4 days pregnant so its early days and a worrying time still (does the worrying ever stop!) To be honest I had to stay away from ttc after mc thread in the end cos as you said all the girls who had mc seemed to get their bfp so soon again after and I started getting obsessed about why it wasnt happening for me. I was so sure Id be pregnant for Christmas and I was putting awful pressure on myself. Like you, I hadnt told everyone about the mc. My family knew alright and a close friend. I told them that we were taking a break from ttc after it so I wouldnt feel pressure from them also. I went to doc in January and she said it was so positive that we know that I can get pregnant and said she wasnt worried at all. Im just wondering what I did differently the cycle I got bfp. Well I get little or no ewcm so I used preseed each time we dtd. Ive used it other months on and off too and it didnt make any difference though. We dtd every day leading up to ov. That 2ww I said to hell with it as I was sick of putting my life on hold. I presumed I wouldnt get prenant so I drank lots, I took medication for flu that I normally wouldnt have allowed myself to take, I was walking up the mountains which I always tried not to do on 2ww. And I got my bfp... I know only too well how heartbreaking it is every month. I was starting to get really down about it, I was in tears every time AF came and in a strange way,I found not being able to get pregnant again was as difficult as the mc. I really had given up hope and then it happened :) You got pregnant before so you have to trust that it will happen again. I got a lovely message from another girl here about a month before my bfp telling me her story which was very similar to ours and she also got her bfp after about 7 months :) She gave me hope at the time :)
Thanks a million for taking time to reply to all my questions. Yeah I think I'm at the same stage you were at and I haven't looked at ttc for over 2 weeks,I gave it up for lent :-8 sad I know but I just got to the point where I thought I can't obsess anymore! I just wanted to hear a positive outcome from someone the other side so I posted here. Please god I will be on this forum soon. Thanks again and take care.
tribesdoll Posts: 295
I was 6 months after my mc getting my BFP. I had a mc in April last year, and didn't get my BFP until the following October. Every month was the same, building myself up and then being totally gutted when it didn't happen. I had a right meltdown in late September around ovulation time, myself and DH were on holidays and just one night it all got to much for me and I bawled for a couple of hours, totally beating myself up about not getting pregnant, life was so unfair, etc, etc ... 2 weeks later BFP. Keep the faith hon, you got pregnant once, it will happen again it's just a matter of time. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Ah tribesdoll thanks for replying! I really hope it will happen for me,I think I hit that point last month,I did hpt it was neg and I literally crawled under the duvet and wept. My poor hubby said enough is enough stop pressuring yourself it will happen so I though oh f!ck it I better stop obsessing so I'm trying not to think too much about it. I think havin a mc messes ya up a bit to be honest as in you start racing against an imaginary clock to be pregnant by a certain deadline,first it was I will be pregnant before when we should have been telling people,then it was my birthday,then Christmas,then valentines! F!cking crazy! Anyway I'm going to relax and if it hasn't happened by sept(12 mnths after mc) I will investigate. Congrats on your pregnancy,when are you due? Thanks again.x.
tribesdoll Posts: 295
Having a mc totally messes you up, I had this big imaginary clock in my head that I had to be pregnant by my due date - which was getting closer and closer. That was all I could think about for months, I was doing my own head in not to mind my DH, my Mam's and my friends heads as well - and if one other person told me to "relax" I would not have been responsible for my actions! So relax if you can about it - I couldn't and it still happened for me! I had fertility problems and there were "questions" over DH's swimmers (very poor motility results before I got pregnant the first time), so I took huge comfort in the fact that I managed to get pregnant once. That really kept me going when I'd be looking at yet another BFN. It will happen for you hon, it really is just a matter of time.... I'm having a June baby so it's all very exciting! Someone asked me recently was I scared of the pain of labour and I said to them that nothing was as painful as having a miscarriage so I wasn't in the least bit scared.... you will be repeating that line to someone in the near future hon, betcha anything! HTH! :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: