7 months before wedding, what I need done?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smythielea Posts: 74
Hi Everyone Trying to work out what I need to get done, I am 7 months or so out from my wedding day, have band/location/church booked. But more to do with legal information as I am getting contradicting information 1. When do I need to get wedding license? 1a Where do I get it 2a What information do I need with me? 2. Church told me I didn't need my baptism license for wedding till 6 months before wedding? is this correct? 3. How close to wedding before I have to do church course?
Weddingloon Posts: 445
Hiya, You contact your registrar to make an appointment to register the marriage, AT LEAST 3 months before (I'd just do it now). It's just your local hse births/deaths/marriages office. Yeah, the religious stuff is 6 months before, contact your parish priest for that and if marrying outside your parish, tell him as you need another form I think. You can do the course any time really, no time limit on that. Presumably you've checked with your priest that you need to do it (it's not compulsory but most priests want it done). Think that was all, anything else shout. :wv
Oh yeah and when you ring the registar to make the app, they should tell you what to bring but it's - passport/licence, utility bills, original birth certs and 150 Euro. You both need to attend. As I say, they'll tell you those details, in case I've forgotten something.
Smythielea Posts: 74
Thanks, so there is nothing I need to get done 6 months before the wedding? I jsut want to make sure I am not left with 6 months befcore it and I havent done something!!!
Nope. I'd ring the priest for your baptismal etc certs at six months but I'd ring the registrar at any stage, can be a wait for the app.