(83)If you were helping to raise money for a charity and..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hestia Posts: 2368
...someone agreed to make a large contribution if you would preform at the upcoming fund-raising show, would you? If so, what would you preform? Assume the show would have an audience of about 1,000.
Kaniela Posts: 458
Perform as in sing? I have a terrible singing voice (and i'm not being modest, it truly is abismal) I'm not entirely sure they'd want me to perfom :o0 While I have no problem speaking in front of large crowds, I quite enough the nervous anticipation leading up to it I don't know if I could honestly say I would sing.. I would genuinelly like to think I could do it, especially if it was for charity, but I'm a big believer in I don't know how I would react to a situation until I'm actually in it!
Mummy in Waiting Posts: 80
I would, I can't sing/dance/juggle but I would. I'd sing something that hopefully the crowd would join in on the chorus or something.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Perhaps if I could wear earplugs to drown out my own mewling :o0
R2theB Posts: 1660
Of course!! Even if it meant learning a funny magic trick or making a bit of a fool of myself caterwauling through a Cher number. Surely if you were involved in the fundraiser you'd do it for a large contribution, would be very strange otherwise.
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
[quote="R2theB":4bh2vtoc]Of course!! Even if it meant learning a funny magic trick or making a bit of a fool of myself caterwauling through a Cher number. Surely if you were involved in the fundraiser you'd do it for a large contribution, would be very strange otherwise.[/quote:4bh2vtoc] Yup same as the others, I'm fairly taletless but if I was commited to the charity and knew if would help I'd go for it. I was going to say that I'd probably do my 6 year old self's party piece of a very tuneless rendition of "When I'm 64" but I like Mummy in waiting's suggestion of getting the audience to join in with the chorus.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
For charity, definitely.
hestia Posts: 2368
I'd do my childhood party piece: lip-synching to So Lonely by The Police with a wooden spoon.