9 weeks pg and few questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybonkers Posts: 438
I'm just over 9 wks pg and have few q's My doc sent off the letter to the hospital a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard anything at all from them. Should I ring the hospital and see if they have any update for me or is there any point? I am having some days that I feel fine and then get worried that all is ok and other days I have a little ms but nothing major. Was only sick about 4 times in the past few weeks. I'm the same with tiredness, can't keep my eyes open some evenings and other evenings I'm fine. Wish it was consistent (sp) and then I'd feel more positive that all is ok! At this stage should we be sleeping any particular way? I'm trying to sleep on my side as much as possible but usually end up rolling over onto back or stomack. Is this ok? I'm not eating great during the day time (well apart from choc and crisps :-8 ) as I don't feel like eating much but I'm fine in the evenings and eat a proper dinner most evenings (a little smaller than usual) and then could snack all night on anything, fruit, junk etc. I would love to tell everyone at this stage but DH wants to wait until the 12 weeks but I'm going to try to persuade him to tell a few family members this weekend! But here's the silly part, I'd prefer to have a scan before I tell anyone (what if something has gone wrong that we are not aware of??). Was thinking of doing a pg test tomorrow (have one left) does this make sense or am I being crazy?? When did you all start to show on pg#1? I'm not showing but the choc and crisps are starting to show alright :-8 :o0 Oh and one last thing, my sense of smell is gone through the roof! Dh is laughing at me. If someone cuts their lawns 5 miles away DH reckons I smell it!! :o0 Sorry for such a long post :-8 :wv
tilsun Posts: 4506
HI and congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm a few weeks behind you so cannot really answer any of your questions but I'm sure someone will soon! As for the hospital. I had to ring to make my own appointment. I personally would ring either doc or hospital at this stage to check that everything is ok with your paperwork and get an idea of your first appointment. I've no symptoms and a lot of us without symptoms are worrying but as I said in a thread yesterday, a friend of mine in about 12 weeks, had barely had a symptom and had a perfect scan :o)ll I thought I would wait until after first scan as that's what my friends all did, but couldn't and told my parents. Am telling my sisters this weekend as my poor mam cannot keep it to herself. Very best of luck with it all
Nadie Posts: 1111
Hey babybonkers, Congrats on the BFP. First thing I would recommend is buy a baby book and spend some time browsing on here - you will quickly find out what is normal and you might worry less. Ring the hospital this morning. Just tell them you need a first appointment and they will sort you out. The symptoms come and go, you'll have good days and bad days and you will never know which you're going to get! Unless of course you have something planned, then you're guaranteed to be knocked out with tiredness :o0 I don't think it matters how you sleep, but again, get a pregnancy book and read up on it. I think the sleeping on the side thing is recommended for when you get big as it's more comfortable and stops varicose veins. Don't worry about when you're eating, just eat lots when you can. A lot of us can't stck to the pre-pregnancy meal times. Try and snack on something healthy though, as this will help with the tiredness. I think you'd be a bit on the crazy side to do a test, seeing as you're so tired and have ms, but sure do it if you think you'll feel better. I'd hold off until after the scan if possible before telling - although I wasn't able to do that and had the whole family told by 8 weeks. I'll never do it again thouh as they went off and told the whole world - they can't be trusted! I put on lots of weight all by myself in th start, just becasue I wasn't doing weight watchers anymore and was eating cheese and that...but I didn't show until about 15/16 weeks. I have the smell thing too - there is no symptom too weird now!
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
Hi babybonkers - congrats on the pregnancy! :o)ll I'll try to answer some of the questions, but hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can correct me if I get anything wrong!! [b:5lu8l1zs]My doc sent off the letter to the hospital a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard anything at all from them. Should I ring the hospital and see if they have any update for me or is there any point?[/b:5lu8l1zs] I am with Holles Street and I rang them myself to get through to the ante-natal booking clinic. I would advise ringing them - no harm! [b:5lu8l1zs]I am having some days that I feel fine and then get worried that all is ok and other days I have a little ms but nothing major. Was only sick about 4 times in the past few weeks. I'm the same with tiredness, can't keep my eyes open some evenings and other evenings I'm fine. Wish it was consistent (sp) and then I'd feel more positive that all is ok! [/b:5lu8l1zs] This seems to be very common - there are LOADS of threads on here from girls panicking that their symptoms have disappeared, so try not to stress too much. Pregnancy is different for everyone from what I can gather! [b:5lu8l1zs]At this stage should we be sleeping any particular way? I'm trying to sleep on my side as much as possible but usually end up rolling over onto back or stomack. Is this ok?[/b:5lu8l1zs] I'd say it is abs fine - I am almost 26 weeks and still sometimes wake up on my back, altho it's getting uncomfortable! Our bodies are designed to do this, and they know how best to nurture our little babies :lvs [b:5lu8l1zs]I'm not eating great during the day time (well apart from choc and crisps ) as I don't feel like eating much but I'm fine in the evenings and eat a proper dinner most evenings (a little smaller than usual) and then could snack all night on anything, fruit, junk etc.[/b:5lu8l1zs] This seems to be really common as well - and loads of girls have posted about losing weight in the first trimester, due to sickness and inability to eat. (I never had that problem - I was a complete glutton 24/7 at the start) Babies will take what they need from the reserves in your body, which is why some women can lose teeth in pregnancy - not taking in enough calcium. Having said that, obviously, we all need to make every effort to eat healthily, but don't beat yourself up about it. [b:5lu8l1zs]I would love to tell everyone at this stage but DH wants to wait until the 12 weeks but I'm going to try to persuade him to tell a few family members this weekend! But here's the silly part, I'd prefer to have a scan before I tell anyone (what if something has gone wrong that we are not aware of??). Was thinking of doing a pg test tomorrow (have one left) does this make sense or am I being crazy?? [/b:5lu8l1zs] We told our parents early, and our siblings about 10 weeks, but I had a private scan at 12 weeks, after which we told everyone else. It was great to be able to tell people and show them scan pics! [b:5lu8l1zs]When did you all start to show on pg#1? I'm not showing but the choc and crisps are starting to show alright [/b:5lu8l1zs] This is my first pg, and I thought I was showing from early on, but that was just bloating! I think I was probably properly showing about 18 weeks or so, but like with everything else, it's different for everyone! I did wear maternity trousers and bras from early on tho, for the comfort factor. [b:5lu8l1zs]Oh and one last thing, my sense of smell is gone through the roof! Dh is laughing at me. If someone cuts their lawns 5 miles away DH reckons I smell it!! [/b:5lu8l1zs] I'm axactly the same - I should be making money on the side as a tracker dog or something! Hope that helps and I hope the rest of ur pg is happy and healthy! :wv
mathair01 Posts: 105
Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I was extremely tired for the 1st 3 months so thats completely normal. I never had bad morning sickness, just nausea & i was very fussy about what i ate, couldnt stomach certain foods. I tried 2 eat as well as i could, easier said than done though. My sense of smell was unbelievable, could smell everything. We told a few people at first & then told everyone else after our 1st scan at 13 wks & we were glad we did. Loved showing off scan photo! No harm in ringing the hospital to see if they received your application. I didnt start to really show until i was about 15/16 wks, different for everyone though. Hope ive answered some of your questions
micksmrs Posts: 931
Baby bonkers I am at the same stage as you at the moment. I have very little or no symptoms except that I am very hungry all of the time. If I get hungry then I get nauseous which is not pleasant, as yet I have not been physically sick. I am very tired and apart from the extra weight from the extra food I have no aparent symptoms. On the first day of week 12 it is our anniversary and we intend to tell everyone then. My Mum already knows and I think a few people have spotted that I haven't been drinking over the past few weeks and might be suspicious. What can you do? I cant wait to tell people. My doctor sent a letter into our local HSE office and I got confirmation that I am eligable to recieve free ante and post natal care, I only just got this the other day. Apart from that one doctors visit to confirm pg and take bloods is all I have had to do so far. I am not going to worry too much. Try not to worry, I know there is a baby in there and am hoping all is going well as I am doing my best to keep myself and him/her safe. I have the What to expect when you are expecting book and it is very comprehensive. I have also heard that Your Pregnancy Bible is a good book but our local Easons didn't have it when I went in so I got the What to expect book instead.
babybonkers Posts: 438
Thank you so much for all the replies. What would I do without all you wonderful girls in P&B! :thnk I rang the hospital and they haven't received letter from doctor yet. The receptionist in hospital said sometimes doctors don't send letter to us for a few weeks so give them a call :eek So I'll call doctors at lunchtime, was really disappointed when I heard I wasn't even on the system in hospital yet!