9 weeks pregnant-spanx?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

KEbaby Posts: 99
Hi I'm 9 weeks pregnant and starting to show (honestly as ridiculous as it sound I am!). I have a 50th on Saturday to attend. I think my spanx will be too small for me now so I was thinking if I bought them in a size bigger it might help to hide the bump! Would this be bad for the baby do you think? (I know you can get maternity spanx but I don't think I quite need them yet!) Thanks!
belcra Posts: 1097
This was discussed recently and the thread will be around somewhere. Don't think it's a good idea to be squashing your belly. You can get maternity spanx or you can get a slip or a top that will smooth out your figure underneath your clothes.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
What you're experiencing is probably more bloating than bump and you'll probably go up and down a little before you get a 'proper' bump iykwim. As belcra said there's a previous thread somewhere, from what i remember opinions were divided but personally as the baby is around the size of raspberry (if ticker memory serves!) i'd say you'll be fine to wear whatever you want, it's well cocooned in it's little sac.