A bit confused....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs. Ally Posts: 298
Hi girls, Just hoping that you could shed some light on this for me. I was due my period on tues just gone, no sign so I did 2 tests that day with both results negative but I still haven't got my pd today. Should I try another test or what?? Hope I don't sound too stupid :oops: :oops: I should add that I am never late
MrsSan Posts: 475
Hi Mrs Ally, I think you should do another test this weekend, do you feel like you are getting your period at all ?
jamie Posts: 96
Only postimg this because you sound like you need someone to chat with. I've no experiecence of TTC or pregnanacy or anything. However, if you're fairly regular like you say and you've not come on yet, I'd wait and see. Assume you're preggers and maybe in a few days try another test. Good luck!
Thanks for your responses girls, I really hope I am and your right NZ B2B I can't talk to anyone for the simple reason is that my mam & dad are dying for their first grandchild and I dont want to get their hopes up if im not.. MrsSan I keep feeling that I am and Im peeing much more than normal so are you saying that there could be a chance, even though I did 2 clearblue tests(one tues evening & one wed morning) that came up negative?? Hope Im not sounding 2 clueless :oops: :oops:
Calendar Girl Posts: 567
Mrs. Ally- same thing happened to me, my period is on time every month (can nearly set my watch by it) and I was due last Tuesday but nothing didn't do any test (was too afraid :roll: ) but kinda had myself talked into it! Hubby was nearly phoning everybody (bless him) I went to the doc Monday this week and he confirmed I wasn't he told me just to wait! low and behold yesterday I got them! Doc told me it can be any number of reasons and that theses things just happen!
Mrs Gill Posts: 223
Don't mean to get up your hopes for no reason, but you can get a false negative if you don't have enough pregnancy hormones in your system yet, so it is possible that it could test positive in a few more days if you still haven't gotten your period.
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Definately do another one this weekend if nothing's happened (you should leave 3 days at least since the last test). If you're pregnant the hormone level will be stronger. Give the test at least two minutes for an accurate result. Good luck!!!!
Thanks girls you've really helped me a lot!! I'll probably give myself the weekend and then if still no sign on mon/tues will do another test then coz it will have been a full week. Will keep you posted on the results!! :lol: :lol: Fingers crossed though girls that I am :| :| :|
MrsSan Posts: 475
Best of luck Mrs. Ally, keep us posted xx
*Smajra* Posts: 1440
Best of luck! I really dont want to bring you back down to Earth with a bang but I would urge you not to get your hopes up. There are a thousand reasons for a late period and if we really want to be pregnant sometimes we convince ourselves we feel symptoms that are in fact just a sign of your period coming. I'm speaking from experience. It only took us 3 months to get pregnant with our youngest but God it felt like a life time. Every month I was convinced I had pregnancy signs and then when my period came I was gutted :cry: It was so silly really considering it happened so fast in the end but it really can be surprisingly devastating when you want it that bad and you have to wait a while. I would advise you to buy a First Response test today as they are extremely accurate as soon as 3 days before your due so as your late already it should give you an accurate readng. This will give you less time to llet your imagination run wild. If it gives you a negative result then you can tell yourself your not this month and get on with things. Any surprises will be a blessing. Its the hardest thing in the world to have patience in this situation but for your own sanity you really need to try. Best of luck with your results!! :D