A bit late but

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

deisebabe Posts: 740
Just wanted to say UP D DEISE Bring on the rebels!!!!!! Waterford for the ll Ireland :D :D :D :D was off monday and tuesday and only after catching up on everything now
bride. Posts: 3014
What does Deise mean? Sorry. :oops:
Rachel Karen Green Posts: 927
Hope ye put the Rebels back in their box...apparently they're selling 3 in a row t-shirts in Penneys on Patrick Street in Cork already!!!! Well put it this way Deise Babe...if ye don't take care of them...we will...UP THE BANNER!!!
waterford is called the deise cork -rebels clare - banner oh we plan on taking care of them would love waterford v clare all ireland have enough of cork,kilkenny winning it. bout time they realised other counties can hurl aswell.
Mistified Posts: 2680
Good question! I've often wonder where the name came from. Can you enlighten us Deisebabe? What does it mean?
BlushingB Posts: 1634
[quote:2lje4k36]waterford is called the deise[/quote:2lje4k36] I've never heard of it either, I thought your nickname related to your h2b, or something. How do you pronounce it?
Found this on Google [quote:1yx4ww6p]A tribe called the Deise, driven from Tara, conquered and settled in the area now known as Co. Waterford. Originally referred to as Deise Muman. The eastern part of the county came under the control of the Le Poers, or Powers, family, and the western part, called the Decies, came under a branch of the Fitzgeralds. The county Motto is "Up Declan and the Deise" (where Declan is St. Declan).[/quote:1yx4ww6p] you learn something new everyday.
Rachel Karen Green Posts: 927
It would be a cracking All Ireland Final alright!! Pure filth!!
Blushing B its pronounced day-sha
bride. Posts: 3014
I thought you were German. Easy knowing I'm from Planet Dublin.