A cyclogest question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sarahkate1 Posts: 51
Hi Cyclogest users. i was just wondering how long you have to take this for ? also people on 400 cyclogest do you have to take it morning and evening? I do but my friend only has to take it at night time and I am wondering what is the norm. any replies greatly appreciated!!
libramoon Posts: 2402
sarahkate1, i'm attending Napro and am on cyclogest. They monitor my bloods every week to make sure my progesterone is ok. At first I started out on 2 - one in the morning and one at night but then my progesterone was high (no harm it being high but it just meant I didn't need the 2 a day) so they said I just need one a day so I just "take" one at night time. It depends on the clinic/GP really but most will have you on it until the 12 weeks when the placenta takes over, others may still monitor you and keep you on it up to the end of the pregnancy which is what Napro do for some women. In general you're kept on it up to the 12 week mark.
sarahkate1 Posts: 51
Thanks Libramoon.I hate it and can't wait to finish it!
libramoon Posts: 2402
sarahkate1, I hear ya! I'm glad to be just on one a day now and would LOVE to be told I don't need it but its good to be on it for the extra support. Doesn't look like you've long left of it now anyways :)