Menu

A dress that isn't above the knee for day after wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Silent Bride Posts: 565
Hi Im looking for a nice dress for the day after the wedding that isn't short or above the knee. Short dresses don't suit me so Id like something that falls just knee lenght or a little longer. Id like something with straps or v-neck that I could wear a proper bra and something summery as Im getting married in June. Everywhere I look the dresses are all cut too short. Or else they are the type of dress that I would wear to a wedding myself as a guest. We're going to the local pub the night after so I want something dressy but not too dressy IYKWIM. Thx :wv
blueswallow Posts: 1244
I thought it was just me! I'm 5' 2" and recently I've found it sooo hard to get a dress that isn't too short on me. And if it's too short on me, it must be seriously indecent on anyone of average height. I just don't understand it. If it were a winter dress that you could wear tights under, it'd be one thing, but it's so hard to find a nice summer dress that isn't too short. I resorted to getting a couple of dresses custom-made for my hen night and the day after the wedding. Although I did pick up a nice black dress by Julian McDonald in Debenhams at the weekend. It just comes to the knee. And I got a lovely one in Monsoon also.
Silent Bride Posts: 565
I found one, in Monsoon, not too dressy but nice and comfy and sweet, IYKWIM. I think it will be perfect for day after wedding, especially in June. Its so easy to wear and all I need to do now is find a nice pair of shoes to go with it and the right jewellery. Im not sure how to post pics but here's the link. http://www.monsoon.co.uk/content/ebiz/m ... 446_m1.jpg And its also the kinda dress that wld go lovely on honeymoon.
chaos Posts: 1904
me too!! all the dresses are either over the top or not dressy enough! we are going to our local for a bbq and have a band booked that evening but i still want something other than a top and jeans or pants. i'm sure i'll pick up something in monsoon, all my honeymoon clothes are from there, mam works there so i get very very good discounts :o0 i like this one [img:2zacp79p]http://www.monsoon.co.uk/content/ebiz/monsoon/invt/45003441/45003441_m1.jpg[/img:2zacp79p]