A few Iphone questions !!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

alf Posts: 219
Hey all , Thinking of getting an iphone but just have a few questions....I'm with meteor but as far as i'm aware they don't do iphones so what network would ye recommend is the best for free mins and texts....at the moment i'm on a bill and get 200 free mins and 200 free texts. Another question that i have is about the internet use on an iphone...what gb iphone is the best , does the internet cost extra on top of the calls ??? Would really love one but don't want a big phone bill each month...i'm on bill and my usual bill would be around 60 euro which includes vat and don't want to go too much over that.... :o)ll Thanks .
stickwoman Posts: 2394
Hiya, I'm vodafone. My package is 60€ and I get 300 mins and 300 texts and 3GB internet allowance. Basically, if you have access to WiFi you don't use any of your 3GB allowance. I have my IPhone about 6 months and haven't gone over my 60€ once or ever gone over my 3GB allowance. The one month I went over 2GB was when I downloaded a few albums and apps. My friend has o2 and an iphone and her coverage compared to mine is worse and also when she's downloading using her phone connection, it's non existent. HTH
Thanks for the reply.... Just wondering is 60 euro the total of your monthly bill or is vat added on top of that and if so what is your bill roughly per month. :o)ll :o)ll
stickwoman Posts: 2394
No, that's it total.
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
i'm getting mine on christmas day - cant wait!! like you, also with meteor and it's so cheap. I'm switching to 3, only 40 a month (paying about 30 with meteor so not too bad). package includes plenty of minutes, texts and internet - either 2 or 3 GB cant remember.
Persephone Posts: 928
I'm with o2. For forty euro a month I get unlimited o2 to o2 calls and texts, 150 any network minutes, 100 any network texts and 2gig download. I only go over the €40 if I'm out of the country.
Girls...just wondering is it an iphone 3 or iphone 4 ye have/getting... Sugarandspice....wondering how many mins /texts you get for free as can't seem to find it on the 3 website, 40 euro isn't bad though per month...is vat on top of that then???
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
the €40 classic flex max plan includes 2G internet and 350 flexiunits. Each unit is worth either one minute or 2 texts, so you can use them how you like. You also get a free add on - you can choose from unlimited landline calls, 150 extra any network txts or `150 evening/wkend minutes. So that should be plenty. 40 includes vat. and you also get a free ipod shuffle!!
If i go with vodafone do i get free calls to other vodafone customers???
Lennyx Posts: 242
Hey Alf, I've the iphone 3 and I'm with 02 my bill is €60 a month with 300 minutes, unlimited txts to all networks and unlimited internet usage. Wouldn't be without my iphone :lvs it!!!