A GUNKY ONE FOR YE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loughie1 Posts: 18
Hi girls am thinking of trying for a baby soon and i have what might seem like a silly question. how do you keep the sperm in you after sex. does it not just run out dont want to turn sex too mechanical
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
It doesn't really come out, the sperm will try and swim to your egg and what comes out is - friggen baby brain I can't remember the name!! but its the liquid that the sperm swim in :o0 Some people will stay lying down afterwards or put a cushion under them to help the little swimmers. Just don't do jumping jacks straight away and I'd say you'll be alright Hope your TTC journey is a short one :wv
chicam Posts: 1169
Semen is the yuky word you're looking for Mrs Sunflower lol! Yeah try the lying down for a while after sex with your bum up on a pillow, thats what the fertility books recommend. But don't worry if lots of stuff (semen) comes out, it's not sperm!
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
I second what chicam said. We weren't trying that hard iykwim :-8 But the time we were successful I definitely pulled my knees up to my belly afterwards to make sure none came out - lol! Prob just coincidence though - good luck! :wv
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Heh-heh! :o0 I used to swing my legs around and lie them up against the wall to help send the little swimmers on their merry way. There was no way I was wasting [b:1zhnhrjb]any[/b:1zhnhrjb] baby juice! :-8 :o0 :-8
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
I put a cushion under my hips and kept my knees up for 20 mins afterwards. Something worked anyway!!!!