A Lunch Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
I am staaarving and fancied a toasted sambo! I know I should stay away from lunch meats i.e. ham, turkey etc especially from delis but can I have ham on a toasted sandwich i.e. it will be hot?? Thanks The Starving One!!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I work on a late shift some weeks and that means I don't get the standard lunch in the canteen, I go out and get a sandwich. This always includes cold meats from the deli. I know I shouldn't but what else am I going to eat? there is no microwave or anything
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
It's perfectly fine to eat these things if you trust the source! The risk is of food poisoning so if the deli is clean and reputable then you should be ok!
maisedon Posts: 1394
[quote="Bridezilla07":2md39fpl]I am staaarving and fancied a toasted sambo! [b:2md39fpl]I know I should stay away from lunch meats i.e. ham, turkey etc [/b:2md39fpl]especially from delis but can I have ham on a toasted sandwich i.e. it will be hot?? Thanks The Starving One!![/quote:2md39fpl] I never knew I had to stay away from those!!! :eek I had been making sure I was staying away from parma ham :o( and unpasteurised cheeses, thats all. I've been eating loads of these from all sorts of places!! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, sure we could do worse!!
chicam Posts: 1169
I've eaten lunch meats all through my pregnancy - they were never on a list of foods not to eat, unless they have been on display in a deli for hours. But I am sure the ones you have chilled in your fridge are fine!!!
under construction Posts: 3458
I ate this all through my pregnancy, and me and baby are both fine. As another poster said, if its a reputable place, and looks clean, you see them making it etc you should be fine
Thanks for your replies and I didn't mean to startle anyone by my ham avoiding! I am nearly 9 weeks and haven't eaten tuna or ham (or had a cup of caffeine tea) since I got my BFP. I think I may have gone overboard in my caution. I didn't have my toastie in the end but I will the next time. Thanks again :thnk
leanbh1 Posts: 473
Bridezilla I wouldn't cut out tuna altogether.Its very good for essential fatty acids and omegas especially.The advice is no more than two cans a week.Good luck with your pregnancy :wv
baby-bel Posts: 929
Ive been living on cheese & tomato toasties as Ive also been avoiding cold meats alltogether :eek
[quote="baby-bel":19ro9c0t]Ive been living on cheese & tomato toasties as Ive also been avoiding cold meats alltogether :eek[/quote:19ro9c0t] Phew - thank God it's not just me!! I think we should try to venture a little further afield baby-bel! We're probably being a little over cautious! I'm off to have a ham sambo!