A question for you lucky ladies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

keelyn Posts: 1197
Just wondering if any of you lucky ladies who are pg, used to have brown bleeding before or during AF.
tilsun Posts: 4506
The first blood of my AF would always be brownish, is that what you mean?
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I could have chosen a couple of answers!!
ScissorsGirl Posts: 785
Keeylen im sure i have chatted about this with u millions of timesover in TTC,..it was the bain f my TTC life!! I was told by many Drs that it was normal for many women but i was convinced it was stopping me getting my BFP... The month i had IUI i started getting my usual brown spotting about a wk before i was due to test...i was devastated and thought my treatment hadnt worked....it stopped and my AF never came...so it didnt stop me getting pregnant in the end... I actually think my OH,s little men were not getting up to were they were ment to ...even a Dr in the Hari said somethings the sperm is just not getting to the egg... IUI was all we needed in the end...it worked 1st time Completly understand how much the Brown spotting can be and i wouldnt believe any Dr who told me it was fine once my Progs levels came back normal...i even asked for progestsupport after my IUI but they wouldnt give it to me as i had no progest problems but the spotting which ended up not being a problem in the end.
keelyn Posts: 1197
[quote="tilsun":3fobuizh]The first blood of my AF would always be brownish, is that what you mean?[/quote:3fobuizh] yea, that sorta thing. For me it's always the last few days. Some doc's seem to think it's not a problem, but some do.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Never a problem for me. although, I had serious ovulation issues and still do have problems with AF regularity. I was off the pill for 18 months before having DS but we weren't trying. It was for testing purposes as I was not regular. I was told that I would not conceive naturally but then when those words were uttered from the doctor's mouth, I actually was pregnant!! Still have problems but they haven't stopped me from having kids. Both were unplanned and I was never actualling TTCing. But best to get sound advice from all angles because everyone is different.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="keelyn":2a33vpj8][quote="tilsun":2a33vpj8]The first blood of my AF would always be brownish, is that what you mean?[/quote:2a33vpj8] yea, that sorta thing. For me it's always the last few days. Some doc's seem to think it's not a problem, but some do.[/quote:2a33vpj8] last day or 2 for me. i know that it can be prob but it must be in conjunction with other issues.
Lureal Posts: 455
I always had a day or two of brown spotting at the end. Then now and again I would have a few bits of brown spotting just before it started.
i want one Posts: 2893
keelyn, last month i got red blood for a few days and then i got brown blood for a few days, it was really really light and headwrecking id think AF was gone and then there would be the brown blood again O:| im not pregnant tho so not sure if thats any help to your question. have one DD and had one chemical pregnancy 2 months ago. :babydust: to you
babybambino Posts: 940
I've always had brown spotting at the end if my periods. It's like it peters out, the bleeding gets lighter and lighter and then there is a small amount of brown, I always presumed it was old blood and never thought anything of it. I thought low progesterone resulted in mid cycle spotting and spotting before your period? When I came off the pill I had 5-7 days of brown spotting before every period, my doctor took blood to check my hormone levels but when I went back to get the results I was pregnant. I came off the pill a year before trying for a baby and it happened first month for us.