A smoker or a non smoker

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Towniegirl Posts: 881
Hi girls, I decided to do a poll on smoking just to see the percentage of smokers/non smokers. As being in recession and people trying to save money, more people are giving up smoking because of that as well as their health.
Towniegirl Posts: 881
Ok girls I'll go first. I voted no, hate it now even the smell of it makes me gag and I do not miss the smell of it in my hair and clothes now that there is no smoking in pubs and restaurants. I used to smoke socially when the smoking was in the pubs but I was never addicted to it and I haven't done that in about 4 years now.
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
i voted that i smoke socially i used to smoke 20 fags a night before the smoking ban but now only one ot two. it really depends if there is smokers in my company.
discounter Posts: 441
I smoked for 7 years or there abouts. Gave up Feb 2007 - had one relapse last year at a work conference in Spain when I was the worse for wear but it actually made me gag so I will never go there again remembering what it was like. Yuck. I even hate people smoking around me, even when they walk past me in the street. Hate it hate it hate it
aston Posts: 4100
I used to smoke but not now as am pregnant. At the beginning when I gave them up I was delighted with myself cause the smell actually made me sick! It really turned me off them but recently I am thinking about them more and more! Aghhhh I really really hope that I can stay off them after I have baby! I dont want to smoke anymore and I suppose I just have to stick to that and not smoke! I used to smoke about 7 a day and wasnt really enjoying them at all. Have started to think about a nice glass of wine and a fag though lately!!! Its a terrible addiction! Wish I never started ;o(
SaJa Posts: 4282
I'm a smoker and smoke about 15 to 20 a day :eek I'm dying to give them up but just don't have the willpower right now. Think I'll just pick a date now and aim to give up then maybe in about a week or two. I really hate smoking right now and need to save money as well.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
im a non somoker as and from last sunday! im gagging for one :o0
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
don't smoke although when i was in new york found myself in a hookah bar and loved it!
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Used to smoke solically but gave up about 5 years ago. Never smoked til I moved to London aged 21. All my aunts and cousins there smoked and the first day I arrived they asked if I did and stupidly I said yes. From that day on I was hooked. Got it down to just smoking socially over the years but used to do about 30 on a night out and be as sick as a dog the next day. So glad I gave up. x
shalloecat Posts: 982
i stopped smoking nearly four months now and im thrilled with myself! i did it before i even realised, dh quit at the same time and we are just a different couple. he is cauious as he's relapsed before where i am full of optisim, i rarely think of them now, and i never want one. oh and im determined not to be one of those pain in the butt reformed smokers. (if you choose to smoke thats your choice.)