A TMI Question!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Diamondz Posts: 2208
Sooo I am taking antibiotics for a urine infection and as a result I have developed thrush!! Anyone know what I can use? Can I use Canesten when PG?? Thanks :thnk
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I was told by midwife that canesten cream is fine - not sure about the pessaries etc though!
Great - thanks Ohsotired.
jen2 Posts: 3106
I used the canesten cream when I have been pregnant before. Once it's external you are ok! As far as I'm aware.
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
Ya poor pet. i only posted about thrush yesterday here, ive a fairly severe case of it at the moment (mostly internal thrush, but also some externally too). Caneston cream (over counter at pharmacy) 3 times a day and Caneston pessary tablets (also over the counter) one every second day (you insert them... not nice but treats the source of the problem). No need to go to the doc, mine said going to pharmacy was fine. Also a warm shallow bath with a few tablespoons of baking powder in it will neutralise the acid that thrush loves. have a bath twice a day, even if just for 10 mins. avoid using soaps down there for the next few days and wear cotton knickers to allow the skin to breathe. Eating natural pro-biotic also helps by putting good bacteria in the body, and 'apparently' by applying it to the thrush directly (and washing off 15 mins later) is meant to soothe the itch and heat of the thrush... but this i couldnt comment on personally as im not one to try it :o0 hope it clears up for you soon, absolutely rotten having it :o(
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
You can use the pesseries and cream combo when pregnant but just be carefully when inserting the pessery use your finger rather than the applicator as you don't want it going in too far!
Thanks so much ladies!