AAAHHH 6 months today - soooo late!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissusW Posts: 330
What am I doing! Its 6 months today to my wedding and I still havent really got of my backside to shift my weight. As per those healthy charts I have 5 stone to loose! Dont think I can do that in 6 months unless I continue on a drink diet. I started the celebrity slim this morning but really dont want to do it! I havent caved in or anything but just dont really want to abstain from food.....what do I do? Im so confused. Id say a lot of you are laughing! Im always on here with one diet or another...why oh why did i not just stick to weight watchers when I could have? Completely and utterly lost ..... HELP! :duh:
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
edit
MissusW Posts: 330
Thanks! Sorry my last post was such a ramble! I would of course be happy with a stone or 2 off but Im still thinking that I would be 13 stone something in my head. Its my own fault. No one else to blame at all only me. Have no choice now but to get going. I have bought the celebrity slim for a week so I may aswel use it and see what happens. I am definately a ww girl at heart though.
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
edit
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
i too finding it hard but im trying to tink of it this way if you dont do it for your wedding day ya never will i heed to lose two stone to fit in to my dress even if you dont lose 5 stone which i tink you could if you were determined enough ......anything is better than noting if your happy the way you are your happy with yourself im not happy with extra weight on me.........do it for yourself n no one else thats what im doing
joer Posts: 1617
I agree with other posters, scrap the faddy diets, you'll feel deprived and then just have a big blow out and eat and drink rings round yourself, well thats what I'd do. can you do little changes like change from regular to diet soft drinks, drinking more water, cut down on bread and spuds, change white breads etc to wholemeal, also try walk for about 30 mins every day, it's not much but you could gradually build it up.. dont be disheartened, as the other girl says, take it one step at a time and dont try and lose 5 stone, try and lose 5 lbs, then 10 lbs etc
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
Go back to ww, don't worry about starting all over again...I went back to ww 3 weeks ago for the umpteenth time but it is the only thing that works for me....just think of the wedding pics...thats keeping me going :thnk
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Hi Blob You can do the ww thing (if I can you can). It is easier said than done to lose 5 stone by the time of your wedding but if you break it done into little goals of 7lbs at a time I am sure that you can get there. 7lbs a month till September will give you a loss of up to 3 stone. I lost 3.5 stone in 2002 from January 12th to June 26th - this was just pure counting and walking for an hour every night (come rain hail or snow). I am out of work sick now and have lost 7lbs in the last week so I am going to make damn sure that this is not going back on. When I am able to I am going to start back on the walking. Am not able to drive now for the next 6 weeks so that's a help. You can do this - just keep reassuring yourself and visualise yourself in your wedding dress in Spain and you can do it!
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
hey blob think we joined the ww thread at the same time! i have lost a huge total of 4 POUNDS since january!! :o0 its not funny tho i have 5 and a half months to go to lose 2.5 stone!! i was contemplating to go on celebrity slim... then i thought about it again and said no for 2 reasons, its a fad diet you WILL lose big weight BUT think about after your wedding and honeymoon there is a 60% chance the weight will pile on plus extra the other reason is i can barely afford real food let alone powder!! im obsessed with this website recently www.nutracheck.co.uk its fantastic cant rate it enough, there is grils on there that have lost 6 stone in 15 months!! there is no cutting out anything its to do with calories and the amount you use, its amazing!im still going to ww for the psycological (excuse spelling!) thing (i know il be weighed thursdays so i dont eat crap), there is a 5 day free trail offered and its only £4.99 a month after that! but please take 5 mins to look at it my user name is the same on it so you will find me!! good luck xx
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
oh lord i have 4 months and 3 weeks til wedding!! just saw ticker :eek :o0