Aaahhhh organising guest list

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Oh guys I'm really confused as to what is the easiest way to do it. I keep starting lists but not finishing them. So far I have just names on a word document for numbers wise so it looks sonething like this Smithx4, jonesx2, Mary, joe, (8) Murphyx2, Reillyx2, lynch x2. (6) So it's not in table plan or anything they are grouped my family, his family, my friends , his friends etc. I've tried wedding mapper but Im not sure I like it it seems very complicated. An excel seems good but I don't have access to it everywhere. Help me please.
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
Pm me your email address and I will send you an excel spreadsheet that I am using. I am finding it brilliant! Have also printed out a copy to keep in my handbag and mark it as I get a text with rsvps!
OrTees Posts: 907
If you set it up as a googledocs spreadsheet you can access it anywhere- there's even an iPhone app for it. I have all my wedding stuff on googledocs and it's been so handy. You can even give your H2B access to it (read/write access or just read only :o0 ).
I hate googledocs, find it really hard to format and change on the computer never mind the phone. Myself and my sister have a shared document for the hen and I just think it is really user-unfriendly!
Ive never used googledocs so I don't know. Even the name sounds scary. :o0 Ill have a look at it anyway but I dunno. I pm'd you there morningsun. I think a printed thing might be good. H2b can just text me with all his rsvp's or changes.
Girls can I ask as well when your doing these lists are you including mammies and daddies, brothers sisters, bridal party etc..
[quote="drummerswife2b":1gtzwnmd]Girls can I ask as well when your doing these lists are you including mammies and daddies, brothers sisters, bridal party etc..[/quote:1gtzwnmd] Yip we included everyone who would be eating a dinner except ourselves! Included the priest aswell.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I just made a simple excel sheet with the following columns: Names/Address/Number (as in how many)/RSVP Number/Children?/Accept/Decline
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
If you haven't got Microsoft Excel - how about downloading OpenOffice - its free and just like Microsoft.
Thanks guys, I'm working off the excel one at the moment and so far so good. although I can see myself doing it out loads of times for different things. I'm a disaster. :o(