Abbey Hotel Roscommon

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

quiet one Posts: 42
Any recent feedback available on the Abbey Hotel Roscommon ladies? O-O
shattered Posts: 322
Mine's in the Abbey too... I know that the staff have been lovely to deal with so far. I did go to listen to a band there at a wedding a few months ago, and everyone seemed very happy, but it was long after the meal etc.
Charli09 Posts: 235
We stayed at this hotel last August and could not find fault. The food was delicious and the staff could not have been more helpful. I accidentally left my earrings behind on the bed as we left in a rush and they sent them to me in London via courier at no extra charge. Hope this helps. :thnk
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
I live in a country town near Roscommon and almost everyone from the area gets married there. They all love it. You could not go worng, always fab reports. The ballroom looks great done up, and the grounds are nice for photos. Handy location too cause right beside train station and the churches in Roscommon town are great.
BigBird1 Posts: 1727
I've been to a few weddings in The Abbey over the years, and could never say anything bad about it. Good food and drinks reasonable too! If i had to find a fault, the only thing i could say is that there's no residents bar!! They close the fxn bar at a certain point, and guests stay in the fxn room until everyone dwindles away. The remaining people then order drinks from the porter after that, (in the lobby) and he gets them for you after... Its kindof slow and apart from that, its the only fault anyone i know has ever had with them. Best of luck with your weddings there girls - its a lovely hotel, and the front of the hotel is a lovely place for pics too!! Tobi
quiet one Posts: 42
Thanks for the replies girls. I'm happy with our choice of venue but you know yourselves, always like a little reassurance and it's good to know if there's anything we need to watch out for. Thanks again :thnk
pudding pop Posts: 60
To all you ladies who have booked the Abbey, have you negiotiated any prices with them. Corkage Accomodation etc????
kila2008 Posts: 678
My friend got married there last July and everyone seemed really happy with the meal and the couple speak very highly of their dealings with the hotel.