Abnormal smear result

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Just got my smear results from after the m/c back today. Apparently there are some "abnormal" cells. Dr. is not too concerned as they are not cancerous or precancerous but I will need to have a repeat smear in 6 months. Kind of freaked out. But he said this sometimes happens and maybe is due to the smear being taken so soon after the m/c. Anyone have a similar experience? Can abnormal cells be ok? (no horror stories please) :o( :o(
NotHere Posts: 10273
Don't worry Blackcat, I had one not long ago and it gave a strange result but it was because I had a touch of thrush :-8 If the doc isn't worried then it's a good sign *)
Thanks for the reassurance hon :thnk . Just feeling a bit sorry for myself. Think I am run down from overwork. I now also have: A massive cold sore on my top lip A bacterial infection from biting my cold sore while I was asleep :o( A touch of thrush (interesting what you said about that Butterfly - thanks!) A sty in one eye Itchy legs (dunno why!) I am officially a crock! Maybe would be best if I didn't get a BFP this month. Weird thing is I was full of beans with all my vitamins etc just 2 weeks ago...just goes to show you what working too hard will do to you! So I am going to be really lazy cow next month!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Aw poor BC.... :xxx That's probably it, the em... [img:btwiduzw]http://www.naturesound.com/birds/hires/woody.jpg[/img:btwiduzw] Mind yourself...put feet up, get hubbie to bring tea etc....
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Morning BlackCat, I hope you're feeling better today. Slow down, and don't get stressed.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Awww Blackcat you poor pet. Don't worry about the smear results, I'm sure it's nothing. Rest well this weekend thought you hear? xx
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
BlackCat I wouldn't worry at all most of the time these do come back as "abnormal" this can be anything from even just damaged tissue that is in some of the swaps they take. It is VERY worrying but if they thought there was ANYTHING even slightly out of place they would have you in quick smart, believe me. Just try and forget about it (I know easier said then done) and make sure you go for ALL your smears from now on!!!! A lesson to all the other girls on here as well!!! Ohh and as well thanks so much for the PM yesterday :xxx
Hepburn Posts: 4081
It's absolutely fine balckcat. Lots of my friends have been in this situation and when they have their follow up smears everything is normal.
bree Posts: 1880
had similar x2 years ago & yeah can play on the mind abit - everything was grand tho so take things handy & try not to worry
Thanks a lot girls - it's great to get the reassurance. Most of my friends haven't ever been for a smear (disgraceful) so I couldn't ask them. I'll getting on their cases in a major way now.