'Absolute Beginners' (Bowie) 1st dance song??????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

flybride Posts: 54
Anyone ever considered this as a first dance song.... words are lovely and we both love it, although its a wee bit long!!!
july2009bride Posts: 532
If you love it and it means something to you both then go for it. :compress
Bugsie Posts: 212
oh my god i had never heard of this song until H2B suggested it for our first dance..its prob the first thing that he's suggested and i hate david bowie...can't decide whether to go with it or not..it does have lovely words though....
naughty Posts: 1144
I love this song, a wedding that we went to the couple had this as their first dance, it was great.
mad woman Posts: 22106
thats a cool song! :cool :cool :cool :cool [quote:52d7tl0e]Ive nothing much to offer Theres nothing much to take Im an absolute beginner And Im absolutely sane As long as were together The rest can go to hell I absolutely love you But were absolute beginners With eyes completely open But nervous all the same If our love song Could fly over mountains Could laugh at the ocean/sail over heartaches second time Just like the films Theres no reason To feel all the hard times To lay down the hard lines Its absolutely true Nothing much could happen Nothing we cant shake Oh were absolute beginners With nothing much at stake As long as youre still smiling Theres nothing more I need I absolutely love you But were absolute beginners But if my love is your love Were certain to succeed If our love song Could fly over mountains Could laugh at the ocean/sail over heartaches second time Just like the films Theres no reason To feel all the hard times To lay down the hard lines Its absolutely true [/quote:52d7tl0e]
Das Kitty Posts: 452
Let me say it's about 100 times better than some of the first dance suggestions I've seen bandied about. It's a great song, the only thing is it's got a difficult beat to dance to. Go for it though, definitely.
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Thats what we are having! Love Bowie and love that song!
maybride08 Posts: 258
Goc, I never thought of this song, but now that you have brought it up I'll have to consider it - and I love Bowie as well.