access diagnostics tests

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
How reliable are these ?? I spent 20 mins holding one in all different positions including up against the bathroom light and there seems to be an extremly faint second line. But it's hard to see and I think i'm getting all excited about an evaporation line. (and yes, I know I promised myself I'd wait a week....). I did it and was waiting and nothing and then whatever way I looked at it I just though, OMG, is that a faint line !! Who has used them before?? Wil test again in 2 days cos I read online if you get a faint line to wait 48 hours to test again.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I used cheapie internet ones when I got my positive so I'm assuming yours are something similar. I started off with a very faint line, but it was def there. The following day it was a little stronger. A line is a line, so sounds good for you! Fingers crossed!!!
thanks for replying sleep monster. Tested again this morning (i'm not obsessed, am I ????) and still faint v, v, faint line. Dh thinks he can see it too so maybe i'm not seeing things. Will test again in a couple of days.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
I have been using their cheap tests and never yet had even the faintest of faint second lines. So its looking good for you!!! :babydust:
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Oirish!!!! If you can see a line then there's a line, and particularily if hubbie can see it!! I used my hubbie as a good measure stick too. I don't think they see things like we do. You know if you use the test properly and read your result within the time directed, that you shouldn't get messed around with evaporation lines. I think they happen when the test has been left for ages. Good luck tomorrow!!! eh-hem - I mean in a couple of days time :o0
a few days time !!!! thanks sleepymonster!
Maybebaby1 Posts: 558
ooh i think this sounds like really good news I really do hope its your BFP we will all be waiting to hear the final result. Good Luck! :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
tested again this morning (hahah, what am I like!!!) Well the faint line is there only it's coming up quicker, but still very faint, still have to squint to see it :o0
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll If you and your dh can see it, its there!!! My af was over a week late last month, so I did lots of tests and spent ages holding them up to the light trying to find some sort of second line. There never was one and af eventually showed her ugly face! I did find a very faint evaporation line on one test as I emptied the bathroom bin, about 3 days after I had taken the test. I was all excited and did another test which was still negative - if your results are coming up faster now... [color=cyan:1n8j1vi2] [size=200:1n8j1vi2] Wooo Hooo!!!!![/size:1n8j1vi2][/color:1n8j1vi2]
NotHere Posts: 10273
Sounds good!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Maybe you should get a clearblue or first response to see if anything shows? Fingers crossed!!!!!