Accommodation advice needed, going to the O2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyLucy Posts: 29
Hi girls, not from Dublin so looking some advice from you Dubs! I'm going to the O2 in a couple of months and looking to stay nearby overnight. I was thinking of either the Clarion IFSC or Jury's Inn which is just up from it. There's around €20 in the difference. Is the Clarion worth paying the extra for? I know it has a leisure centre but I don't know if we'll have much time to make use of it. Just want somewhere nice and clean with a bar for coming back to after the show. I've stayed at the Clarion before but parts of it was being reconstructed at the time so it was hard to judge how nice it was. Also looking at the Maldron Cardiff Lane and the Grand Canal Hotel. Would love any advice?
dexavia Posts: 242
Have you tried the Gibson hotel. It is about 200yds from the o2 and luas is in between. Stayed in the Maldron Cardiff lane, and it was lovely. Nothing spectacular, but had everything i needed
streaks Posts: 3592
Personally I'd go for the Gibson aswell! It's fab and the cocktails are yum, haven't stayed in either of the others so can't comment on them! Think beddeals has an offer of 99eur for junior suite with brekkie in the Gibson! Not bad ;o)
Thanks for the advice girls. I've never heard of the Gibson hotel so will check it out. Never heard of beddeals either so thanks for that. I thought I had all the hotel websites sussed at this stage, it's a new one on me!
How exactly does Beddeals work? You buy the discounted and voucher and then book directly with the hotel?
bling2010 Posts: 535
Saw on pigsback.ie website that the gibson hotel was 99 for the night bb. Check it out. My parents stayed there and they seemingly have a fab cocktail bar!! Rates might be cheaper depending on the night.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I was also just going to suggest the Gibson too. Id ring them and see what they're best rate is. To be honest Id say their only business is from the O2 because of the location so you should get a good deal.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I recommend the Gibson too...been in there for drinks and it's lovely, staying there for a night in March so looking forward to seeing what the rooms & brekkie are like!
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Gibson Hotel is fabulous. So new and clean and funky! Bedroom decor is off white with splashes of lime green and the showers are great....they have those rain shower heads on them. One tip girls for those of you intending to stay there when there is a show taking place in O2....if you are planning on eating at the hotel that evening, be sure to book a table in restaurant and give yourself plenty of time. The place becomes crazy busy with people and there could end up to be a mile long queue waiting for a table. They usually put on a BBQ as well to feed those they can't cater for in restaurant area. It's fine....would probably be nicer if during Summer months and you could eat out in the terrace but you're basically just getting a burger and salad and taking a seat inside otherwise. Alternatively, if you would prefer to be away from all the hussle and bustle of people milling about, order dinner as room service, but again give yourself plenty of time. Have also stayed at Maldron in Cardiff Lane and it is a lovely hotel too - you can get some fantastic deals there sometimes. As far as I know they also run a shuttle bus over and back to O2 for shows. Haven't stayed in Jury's or Clarion but have been into both hotels and eaten in both (well at least I ordered food in Jurys anyway, not sure I actually ate any of it). Clarion would be better than Jurys by far - worth the 20 quid extra IMO.